Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Search box changes and

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had this idea and I may not have been the first to say this but it popped in my head and thought I'd drop it in here quick.

First of all since we can resize or change the padding of our search text, it would be nice if we could get a search box that's a little larger. That seems to be the only thing we cannot resize. I am not the greatest typist lol, so a little more visibility would be nice.

The other thing, sometimes I find myself having to do searches by year or genre or bpm on the fly for whatever reason it calls for, so what about a set of "search by" buttons. I am thinking 6 or 7 to cover the key things; artist, title, remix, album, genre, year, key, length and bpm.

So I took a screenshot and did a crude version of what this might look like. Keep in mind I was using a pretty generic photo editor and this is not very precise but just to give an idea of what this might look like. I know there are count and display elements here in this bar plus it re-sizes with the elements below so this could be located someplace else but this is what I came up with for now.

Basically if you select "year" for example it would only search by that, or bpm, or whatever. If no buttons are on then it would search by whatever we have in the drop checklist defaults. I ran out of room for the length button but as I say this is only a example.

Here is my crude pix example

The other thing, 99% of the time I am using the 4 deck skin and that has always been my weapon of choice ever since it first became available. That being said and I always have at least 2 monitors running or more plus I also do karaoke so I'm used to always having multiple monitors, is it possible the whole search element could separate from the decks and be on a separate screen? I have been a music collector since I was a kid and have both internal and external drives that go back as far as the late 1800s---don't laugh I had a wedding booking where the entire theme was from the flapper era, and they rented the vehicles and an old mansion for the reception and dressed that way and had all the same elements indoors for the reception. They specifically wanted 20's thru 40's music for the start and during dinner, and I got the booking because I had "130 years of recorded music" on my business card. That gig was done on original PCDJ red back in 2004...... Then there's the karaoke from pioneer laser discs to current in over 150+ known brands...., so what I am saying it don't happen often but I do occasionally run 2 to 300,000 files in VDJ and no I don't do laptops so having a larger scrolling area would be an amazing thing for me and I am sure there are a lot of you out there that may have had the same thoughts. My daily 1955 to current pop, rock and country and the others in regular music is just under 100k and 98% of it is lossless flac files. I abuse my search working shows daily for something to do lol. It's my hobby and my job all in one.

Anyway this is just an idea, thought I'd throw it out here. I think any of this could be useful for anyone.

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 11:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)