Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Scratch bank

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

misu73PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi,
Last night I played around with scratch bank and the following issue popped up.(ddj1000) I used it on deck 3 and couple of songs later deck 3 didn't start I could load everything but couldn't start it. I restarted the program and it was okay after that. Later on I loaded to deck 1 scratched a little bit and on deck 1 the volume got much quieter. I had to restart the program again at it was okay. So I decided to not use scratch bank and the next 2 hours was okay without any problem.
I also tried this way, I loaded scratch bank only deck 3 and I mixed only deck 1 and 2. Bit later I had an issue I couldn't start deck 3.
What should cause this?
Thank you

Posted Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 10:43 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Not specific to deck 3, after scratchbank was used and after unloading track play button do not always auto load & play
manually load a song and play, then everything is working again

Posted Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 11:44 am
I can now be a little more precise :
When a scratch is playing and unloaded or ended and a track is loaded on track (as long as no scratch bank was unloaded from deck) the play button do not load the deck anymore
By the way, using a scratch pad in this condition only loads track and go to cue #1, not the cue affected to the sample, specially when deck is empty

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 3:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If a track is loaded on the deck, the play button will of course not load a deck, but will play the track.
Selecting a scratch sample, then loading a track, unload the track and press play loads the selected browser track fine for me though.

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 3:34 am
ok, a little more complicated :
empty the deck
push a scratchbank using pad ... it loads at cue #1
unload scratchbank with shiftpad
the button play does not work anymore (tested in play_pause mode)

Posted Sat 06 Mar 21 @ 4:02 am
How long can a scratch sample be and can you loop it?

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 5:52 am
I don't think there is a real limit, depending on amount of memory in the system and what the OS allows
but the maxPreloadLength is a security, can be modified (60min by default)
(tested with 2 Hours tracks ...)
warning about stems if activated, limit is 30min by default
scratch may or may not work properly as long as the track is not fully loaded and stems computed (specially when cues are near the end) system dependent
Note that editor actually exposes 8 pads, but engine handles correctly up to 16 pads

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 6:36 am
Buenas, que tal?
Como guardo un loop en el virtual dj 2021?

Posted Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 7:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)