Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-1000 - one jog wheel is affecting pitch?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GeggsPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I've got a weird thing happening with my DDJ-1000. I've got the jog wheels set to vinyl mode, and on deck one everything is working as expected, when I push the outer ring of the jog I get a speed up or slow down of the track but without affecting the pitch. But on deck two, doing the same thing affects the pitch as well as the tempo - which is a complete pain the the butt because it makes tempo correction sound really weird. I can't see what setting would be causing that behaviour... any thoughts?

Posted Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 11:31 pm
Just checked, and in CDJ mode using the top of the platter also affects pitch of the track playing on deck two but not deck one. Really weird.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 11:33 pm
Anyone got anything on this? It's still happening and it's making using VDJ impossible. I can't nudge the tracks without it sounding terrible on that deck.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 11:17 am
An update - it's actually happening on BOTH decks, it's just happening with some tracks and not others... I can't see anything that differentiates what tracks work correctly and what won't either. Some are MP3s, some are WAVs. It seems totally random which tracks have the pitch bend effect and which don't.

Help, anyone???

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 11:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You have mastertempo enabled?

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 11:39 am
Yeah, I do - changing the tempo with the tempo slider doesn't affect the pitch, only the jogs. Really strange.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 5:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sounds like it is still (partially) triggering vinyl mode then. You could check in the vdj controller mapping if the jog wheel touch is triggered when you move the outer ring.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 6:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)