Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DIY Midi Controller - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thank You Prof Locodog for explaining the advantages of encoders vs pots, as to the difference in scripting. I always learn a lot, and appreciate you sharing, since I need all the help I can get at the moment, to decide what is the best choice.

And for comparison, In the US the current price (new) is:

Midi Fighter Twister $219.99

Foxfader EC4 $379

Both with free shipping

and the decision would be easy if either was a 5x4 grid layout.

do you feel if one waits a bit, that someone will come out with a solution ideal for 5 stems and 4 decks?

----------------
PS there was a used Midi Fighter Twister on ebay today that I bid on, but only up to 50% of the new price.. it ended up selling for 195.50 plus 9.50 shipping if I remember all the details (about, $15 less then new, in this case)

Posted Tue 10 Nov 20 @ 10:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think there'll be a +16 encoder device for a while, on a HW to FW level more encoders seriously bumps up the PLC cost [the brainbox inside the device]
the fact that the twister goes for that 2nd hand price I would take that as a good indication that it is decent, being an ebay sniper Jan/Feb is always pretty good for bargains [also check gumtree, not sure of the US variant]
faderfox v twister new; I can't say precisely because I've only used 1, but $379 for a faderfox is STEEP compared to the twister $219 & if you don't like the twister - it was a $20 mistake

Posted Tue 10 Nov 20 @ 11:38 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Any DIY midi controller builders out there?

yes i builded some controller with arduino micro and leonardo

Posted Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 8:16 pm
skyzo76 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Any DIY midi controller builders out there?

yes i builded some controller with arduino micro and leonardo

do you have any pictures of your builds?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 10:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)