Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Disable the reduction in channel volume when effects are activated?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I activate effects, the channel level drops slightly, presumably to accomodate the effect volume. When I deactivate the effects the volume is increased again. This is really nice - a problem I always had on Serato was controlling the levels at the same time as effects.

However is it possible to customize this, either with mapping or config?

When I use this function with the 72, there are a couple problems.

First, it is a bit weird to manage alongside the on-mixer effect, which doesn't get the drop. (I'd like to keep it, but reduce the reduction applied.)

Second, when you deactivate the effects by turning the paddle off, the effects go, but the level stays dropped, until you also deactivate the individual effect buttons. This isn't too bad once you know what's going on, but it makes the paddles a bit useless and is presumably a bug.

Edit: Sorry, I titled this wrong!

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:13 pm
Havent noticed that myself, but could perhaps be.

Sure its not the limiter kicking in?
In settings if you set ZeroDB to say -3dB to give more headroom, works better for you then?

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 4:13 pm
Thanks, interesting questions, I am totally new to VDJ, but I've got it at -6db, and when I turn on an effect on the button and paddle, then turn off the paddle, I have the tune with no effect but at a diminished level. When I then turn the effect button off, even though it is having no effect because the paddle is off, the level increases back to normal. Perhaps I've another setting somewhere causing this.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 4:32 pm
techtitch wrote :
I am totally new to VDJ

You've been here longer than I have!

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 4:37 pm
Ha! I think I joined when Adion's djdecks moved across, can't remember why I didn't stay, spent a decade on Traktor then a few years with Serato. Can't tell you how great it is to be back!

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 6:00 pm
Nah, that was in 2011. You've been here since VDJ 3 & 4.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 7:11 pm
The oldies are coming out as New ha ha ha.!!!

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 8:32 pm
For starters this is not VirtualDJ's default behavior.
VirtualDJ will not lower the deck volume while an effect is active.
This is definitely a bug, and we were able to narrow it down to post fader effects.
If you switch fx-processing to pre-fader effects then everything works as it should.
We are investigating this issue and will let you know for it's outcome.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 9:58 pm
Thanks yet again PhantomDeejay. Something I've noticed that might be related, is that if you turn effects on in the UI rather than the mixer, or by a custom padfx mapping, they don't have any effect on the sound unless you also turn on the paddle and select an effect on the mixer. There seems to be a slight glitch in how the `paddle AND fx_button` logic is implemented, as you say only post-fader.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)