Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4channel mixer with timecode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So since stems has changed my life Im looking at 4channel mixers. My question with DVS can I just use 2 turntables to control 4 decks or does each deck need its own timecode signal to work properly?

Posted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 3:31 am
I've never used DVS but i strongly assume that timecode is not "hot-swappable" which it would need to be if you wanted to change the deck one of your vinyl players is controlling. And even if it's technically possible, i wouldn't recommend it.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 10:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use invert_timecode for this

Posted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 11:04 am
Adion wrote :

so that also can be mapped to the cue button on each Channel so along with cue it sets the timecode to that channel Im cueing??

Posted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 12:54 pm
Adion wrote :

Im using denon sc3900s can you please cover more info for me. Because I plan on buying a 4channel dvs mixer. so before I spend the money I need to know the pros and cons, does it make better workflow buying 2 more decks? Im looking at the, from the most looked to the least, 1. mixars quattro, 2. Denon x1600/1700,
I have a Vestax vci4000 could that be used nut Im sure Ill need a dvs soundcard for that to work. I was also thinking about a 4 channel dvs controller. what would be the best configuration?

Posted Tue 10 Nov 20 @ 8:56 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

so that also can be mapped to the cue button on each Channel so along with cue it sets the timecode to that channel Im cueing??

As long as the mixer in question allows you to map the "CUE" (PFL) button, yes, it's possible.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 20 @ 1:49 pm
Phantom my biggest concern is when invert_timecode what it happen to the deck its coming off? Like deck 1 and 2 are in a blend when i hit pfl on line 3 and the timecode switches to deck 3 does it have any effect on the playing of deck 1 that it was switched from? I hope you understand my question?

Posted Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 6:33 am
xxx919, I have used the VCI- 400 w/timecodes as well - it should do the trick (as long as you have an external soundcard).

Not sure about inverting timecodes though.

I now use a Numark NS6II with timecodes and it works like a charm

Posted Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 3:18 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Phantom my biggest concern is when invert_timecode what it happen to the deck its coming off? Like deck 1 and 2 are in a blend when i hit pfl on line 3 and the timecode switches to deck 3 does it have any effect on the playing of deck 1 that it was switched from? I hope you understand my question?

As soon as you use the "invert_timecode" action, the deck that "loses" the timecode mode is simply left alone (running on current pitch e.t.c.)

Posted Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 10:14 pm

Will this mixer or even the x1700 be able to handle usingthe cues to invert_timecode in the ways we were explaining....

Posted Sat 28 Nov 20 @ 12:13 am
wynderPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Rather than start a new thread I have a "similar" question here.

I recently saw that it's possible to use to 1x DVS turntable/cdj to mix flipping between an active physical deck & a virtual deck by copying the playing track & dropping the physical track to digital

Is this the same invert button mentioned above & with a a mixer that is pretty old & not mappable or even midi compatible, with an SL4 or an A6 dvs set up is this doable?

Posted Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 11:42 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Will this mixer or even the x1700 be able to handle usingthe cues to invert_timecode in the ways we were explaining....

As long as the cues send/receive a midi signal, yes. Yes it should work.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 1:02 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

As long as the cues send/receive a midi signal, yes. Yes, it should work.

So I'm really a dummy when it comes to information like this....but this I think is the info so does this say cues send and receive midi?

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 4:38 am
Yup I see the send/receive commands there so your good 👌🏾

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 5:14 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yup I see the send/receive commands there so your good 👌🏾

Thank you...I hope after all my device switching they don't remove stems as a feature...lol
Stems are the only reason I'm moving to 4channel mixing...All those mixes and blend Ideas I had in the 80s and 90s are so doable now,

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 7:24 pm

Posted Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 3:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)