Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: independent pad pages option no longer available... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

"Since the recent update that reordered the setup page and renamed the controllers section to "mappings", I no longer see the option to check independent pad page per controller. Now all my midi devices switch pages when any one of them does. Help?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 3:56 pm

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks Dan. I must have encountered a bug somewhere in the process. The manual says that all midi controllers should appear in the pads menu, but all I get is "Page 0" (see SS)

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 6:02 pm
What controller is it?

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 6:13 pm
You may have to trigger a page change on the controller for it to show.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 7:25 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
What controller is it?

Initially I saw the error with my Rane Twelves, Traktor F!, and DDJ-XP1 attached. But I have tried every controller I own ddj-sb2/and sb3 ddj1000, reloop neon, etc.

I did try to trigger pad changes from all the different controllers and still get no controller showing in the pads list

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:19 pm
If I launch my 32 bit version(which has not taken the "easy" pad page update,) everything works fine.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The new pad page assignment works with default mappings, custom mappings created after the update or custom mappings using the pad_page # instead of pad_page name for the pad mode buttons and their leds

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 3:44 am
djdad wrote :
The new pad page assignment works with default mappings, custom mappings created after the update or custom mappings using the pad_page # instead of pad_page name for the pad mode buttons and their leds

Thank you Dad. Got it fixed. It was the page calls in my mappings.
edit
Well I thought that fixed it... But still not seeing controller names in the pads menu

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 6:31 am
Of course you have to use default skin (or an updated custom skin) to get the full size menu...
Older (not updated) skins will allow you to change only "current" pad page

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 12:42 pm
So what's the change in code that breaks all existing skins? Is it in the wiki yet?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 1:27 pm
This is still broken, and I can't find any way to get the custom pads that I use at every gig to work on my devices the way they did pre-update. The change to the pad system should be rolled back or optional.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 4:03 am
Which bit isn’t working?
I also struggled when using this change. But once you get used to it, it’s much easier to assign and change pad pages.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 11:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is even the default now that if you have 2 controllers that each controller can select their own pad page (which is why the original option for independent pad pages isn't needed anymore)
So what is exactly not working anymore?

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 11:54 am
when I select a pad page on one of my controllers, all of my other controllers switch to that pad. Pre-update I was able to have my Traktor F1 on a custom pad I have for weddings, my ddj-xp1 on hotcues, or another custom pad, and my ddj-sb2 on loops or samples. Now they are all stuck to the same pad.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 12:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That should still work. What action is assigned to change the pad on the controller?

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 12:21 pm
This is mapped to PAD_MODE_SAMPLER on the DDJ-XP1;

pad_page 'sampler' ? pad_page 'keycue' : pad_page 'sampler'

This is mapped to STOP1 on the Traktor F1(I use the stop keys to switch decks and as a quick pad swap)

doubleclick 200ms ? pad_page 'rane twelve left' : deck 3 select

Posted Wed 22 Jul 20 @ 12:42 pm
Is there a way I can revert back to the previous build? I have gigs on Friday and Saturday, one of which is a wedding(where I need my custom pads and mappings the most)

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:17 am
Support/wiki/download previous builds

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 8:14 am
Thank you Groove.

Posted Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:12 pm
91%