Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [bug report] When entering Sandbox mode, the master output becomes louder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

Setup:
Windows 10 64 Bit
latest VDJ 2021
latest DDJ-RZX Firmware
latest ASIO driver
internal mixer mode
Speakers are on DDJ-RZX XLR Master 1 output,
Booth monitor is on Boot Monitor (cinch) output.

When i play a song, as example, on deck 1 and gain the input of channel 1 (on the mixer section of the DDJ-RZX) to around 0dB, then the master output shows around -20db (visible on the master LEDs), all seems to be OK, becuase the master encoder is not at maximum.

But, if i click to the "sandbox mode", then the master output and the booth output becomes louder, now the master LEDs are showing around 10dB more.
Then the input LEDs of channel 1 are still showing 0dB, but the output LEDs are showing -10dB now.
When i leave the sandbox mode, the master LEDs are showing around -20dB again.
I cannot identify if the normal mode is to quiet or the sandbox mode is to loud.

This happens with the DDJ-RZX only. If i will change the soundcard to a TASCAM US-366 and connect the speakers to this soundcard, then the normal mode and the sandbox mode have the same volume.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 11:53 am
Are you using the default audio config (master & headphones)?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 11:57 am
Yes, its called "Setup: Pioneer DDJ-RZX"

Posted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 12:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Will be fixed in the next update

Posted Wed 29 Jul 20 @ 3:44 pm
I hope they will turn up the overall volume instead of lowering the sandbox volume, the volume of the RZX is much lower than other controllers, always working in internal mixer mode. Have you already tried the new early access? Have you noticed any differences?

Posted Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 3:47 pm
i do not have access to any early builds. My actual version is b6042.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 8:49 pm
I'm not talking about the previous ones but the next one is the early access 6059 available but, unfortunately, I don't seem to notice much difference

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 8:54 pm

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:22 pm
In the change log it is mentioned that the sandbox volume has been fixed and surely it has been solved, unfortunately the problem of the VU meters and the low master out which we also talked about in my post have not been solved. But I hope that having read there will be some changes in the future fixing all the various problems of the RZX also in the effects.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:43 pm
Ive sent you a PN

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)