Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New - More Internet Music Options

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wish VDJ could connect with more online music services like:
Amazon Prime
Spotify
Google Music
Tidal

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:58 am
Well Spotify is definitely not going to happen. VDJ did once have Spotify integration but it had to be removed because copyright owners were unhappy about it being available in professional DJ software.

Now Spotify have pulled out of the DJ market completely. From July, no DJ software will have built in Spotify.

Tidal might be a possibility as they already have deals with Denon DJ, Algoriddim, Numark and Serato. There was also a hint from staff...

In most cases, consumer streaming services are not permitted to be used for DJing, which is why the Deezer option in VDJ says "for personal use only", so it's unlikely that the Amazon or Google ones will be added.

You have a choice already, so if you really need that type of thing, you can change to one that's supported.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:10 am

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 3:31 pm
Beatport Link prices have come down recently too. Still more expensive than Beatsource Link, but cheaper than it used to be :-)

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 5:53 pm
Most of them offer X days free trial (currently 30 at some), so can always try it out for free as well ;-)

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:04 pm
Yes, I've still got two months of free Tidal to use. Thanks Denon!

If Tidal comes to VDJ within two months that would be a bonus.

I would switch totally to it (from Spotify) but in the UK I can't use it with my Amazon Echo stuff.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 6:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)