Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2021 & Denon HC-4500 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm not able to get any sound out of channels 3 & 4. Anyone else?

I tried different things, but so far no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Jose

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:13 pm

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:14 pm

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:18 pm
I doubt very many people are still using the HC-4500. Most of us have moved on :-)

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:26 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in any case not me I love my DN HC4500, the principle is to mix well whatever the stuff.
Running behind the materials at prices must, you have to have your mind in mind and think 5 times. Before you buy
the old pot makes good soup.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:48 pm
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
I'm not able to get any sound out of channels 3 & 4. Anyone else?

I tried different things, but so far no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Jose

try to uninstall the HC4500 drivers and reinstall the drivers

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:57 pm
groovindj wrote :
I doubt very many people are still using the HC-4500. Most of us have moved on :-)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just because it's newer it doesn't make it better. I have 4 original 1200 and a UREI mixer that are about 30 years old. I would not trade them for 10 Denon Prime units.

I've already rest my computer back to my trusty Win 7 and all is good with the world.

Thanks for your help.
Jose

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 8:18 pm
Windows 7 may be "trusty" but it's no longer supported by Microsoft, and it will only get less and less able to run new software.

FYI I do still have a Denon HC-4500, and various other Denon kit too, including their old rack mount twin CD players.

I don't regret buying the Prime 4 at all. I'm done with lugging 19" rack mount DJ kit to gigs. Prime 4, powered speakers, lights - good to go.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 9:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
Windows 7 may be "trusty" but it's no longer supported by Microsoft, and it will only get less and less able to run new software.

FYI I do still have a Denon HC-4500, and various other Denon kit too, including their old rack mount twin CD players.

I don't regret buying the Prime 4 at all. I'm done with lugging 19" rack mount DJ kit to gigs. Prime 4, powered speakers, lights - good to go.

The Prime 4 looks lovely. I'm very familiar with its features.

I'm more of an old school DJ. I still love to mix disco, classic house, or Latin by ear. The HC4500 fits my needs perfectly. I love the Denon 4500 skin. I also love that with VDJ I do not have to carry heavy records and that songs can be duplicated without the need to buy another record. Back in the day, I sometimes carried 2 copies of the same record. I a huge VDJ supporter.

Anyway, before I reset my computer to Win7, I managed to get VDJ 2021 working with my old Maya44 USB. I have two Maya44s that I stopped using after I bought two DN4500s. The stems feature is very nice, but not so great with Latin music. The sound quality was good but my old sound effects did not work.

Those are the reasons why I decided to stick with win7 and the older VDJ 2020. If it ain't broke........ But, I had to try the new features.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 11:09 pm
JOSETHEDJ wrote :

I'm more of an old school DJ

Same here really. Started with vinyl, then CD, then digital. Don't rely on any of this new fangled tech, just love playing music.

DJs have it so easy these days, with all the readouts of BPM, key, waveform, cue points, loops and of course the sync button. Mixers with more controls than NASA. The first ones I used were more like those old Realistic mixers - just a fader for each input.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 8:03 am
groovindj wrote :
JOSETHEDJ wrote :

I'm more of an old school DJ

Same here really. Started with vinyl, then CD, then digital. Don't rely on any of this new fangled tech, just love playing music.

DJs have it so easy these days, with all the readouts of BPM, key, waveform, cue points, loops and of course the sync button. Mixers with more controls than NASA. The first ones I used were more like those old Realistic mixers - just a fader for each input.

Amen!

I just sent the VDJ team a support request to see if they can add ASIO support to the HC-4500. It's beyond me that the dev team would drop ASIO support for my controller, but still support about 100 (exageration) other controllers. I'm hopeful and confident that they will get this audio issue fixed.

I'm actually shocked that users have not implored the dev team to fix this. I had no idea because I don't jump on the latest updates or betas. I did for VDJ 2021 because of the new stems feature. I'm glad I did!

Now the dev team will become aware and will do their magic.

Best regards.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 10:33 am
The old Denon ASIO drivers were blocked by Atomix because they were unreliable. It wasn't just the HC-4500 that was affected. There are threads about it if you search.

There are also threads covering how to get various Denon devices working with WASAPI (which is a sort of Microsoft ASIO) drivers.

I seem to remember even digging out my old HC-4500 from the archives to make sure everything worked.

Really it's much easier to move with the times and use current computers with current operating systems, and current equipment with current drivers.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 10:49 am
groovindj wrote :
The old Denon ASIO drivers were blocked by Atomix because they were unreliable. It wasn't just the HC-4500 that was affected. There are threads about it if you search.

There are also threads covering how to get various Denon devices working with WASAPI (which is a sort of Microsoft ASIO) drivers.

I seem to remember even digging out my old HC-4500 from the archives to make sure everything worked.

Really it's much easier to move with the times and use current computers with current operating systems, and current equipment with current drivers.

Got it!

I received a response from the support team and it looks like they are moving on to bigger and greater things. I wish them luck!

It looks like they want me to do the same.

Cheers!

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 2:28 pm
it is too bad for you,
I never used Denon's asio
because I'm using the Audio 8 DJ sound card

Posted Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 4:03 pm
LIMOL wrote :
it is too bad for you,
I never used Denon's asio
because I'm using the Audio 8 DJ sound card

The Maya44 USB works with VDJ 2021, the Denon HC4500, and Win 10 2004.

Those who seek shall find.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:00 am
Haha, I was going to suggest that yesterday :-)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:02 am
groovindj wrote :
Haha, I was going to suggest that yesterday :-)

2 days ago I posted on this thread:

"Anyway, before I reset my computer to Win7, I managed to get VDJ 2021 working with my old Maya44 USB. I have two Maya44s that I stopped using after I bought two DN4500s. The stems feature is very nice, but not so great with Latin music. The sound quality was good but my old sound effects did not work."

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 12:09 pm
Yes, I saw that - but you didn't specifically say that you were using the MAYA with the HC-4500 to replace the audio output.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 12:35 pm
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just because it's newer it doesn't make it better. I have 4 original 1200 and a UREI mixer that are about 30 years old. I would not trade them for 10 Denon Prime units.
I've already rest my computer back to my trusty Win 7 and all is good with the world.

Nobody's here to judge.
If you're comfortable with your setup, and it works for you, then it's all good.

Just a quick question though, by simple curiosity: which phone are you using? are you on a nokia from 20 years ago, that can do calls just as good, and would never crash, or did you upgrade to a modern iphone or android phone?

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 4:17 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Nobody's here to judge.
If you're comfortable with your setup, and it works for you, then it's all good.

Just a quick question though, by simple curiosity: which phone are you using? are you on a nokia from 20 years ago, that can do calls just as good, and would never crash, or did you upgrade to a modern iphone or android phone?

I'm still on an old moto flip phone and beeper.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 11:02 am
65%