Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Use Action to change EQ-Mode from "Frequency" to "EZRemix"
andy-veoControlleristMember since 2016
Hi!

Is there a way to change the EQ-Mode from "Frequency" to "EZRemix" via script (custom button)? I already tried eq_mode "EZRemix" - but it doesn't work. It opens only the menu to select the mode.

Greetings, Andreas.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 3:27 pm
setting 'eqmode' +1 steps through all the variations.

You can also switch from standard EQ to whichever new option you choose, by simply clicking on the text below the knobs.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 3:35 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
"setting 'eqmode' +1" changes eq setting (stems..frequency) affecting query "setting 'eqmode'"
"setting 'eqmode' <THE MODE> sets the mode if it exists (stems..frequency) affecting query "setting 'eqmode'"
"eq_mode +1" toggles the use of the previous settings (frequencies / modern) affecting queries 'eq_high_label' 'eq_low_label' 'eq_mid_label' and maybe 'filter_label' 'gain_label'
"eq_mode" opens "Equalizer Controls" dialog

so that both are needed to make it "visible" as well as usable
(click on label does exactly the same) : <textzone action="eq_mode +1"><text action="mid_label"/></textzone>

notes:
- I never saw "gain" & "filter" change as said in "Equalizer Controls" dialog
- 'eq_mode +0' '"eq_mode -0" "eq_mode -1" toggles the mode (relative value)
- 'eq_mode 0' '"eq_mode 1" "eq_mode 2" "eq_mode on" "eq_mode off" all opens "Equalizer Controls" dialog (absolute values)
- eq_mode CAN'T BE USED as a query
- description says : "Select the behavior of the EQs knobs (frequency, modernEQ or EZRemix)"
but using text parameter opens dialog and relative values ONLY TOGGLES frequency <-> Modern

I may be wrong everywere or miss important behaviors, these are just compilation of readings and trial and errors

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:43 pm
andy-veoControlleristMember since 2016
Thanks a lot for the help!!

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:55 pm
Can this be done and simultaneously disabling EZ mode as an option? I have use for the other three, stems, freq, modern eq. I'd ideally like to toggle between those 3 with a custom button.

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 6:46 am
DJ Crescent Sun wrote :
Can this be done and simultaneously disabling EZ mode as an option? I have use for the other three, stems, freq, modern eq. I'd ideally like to toggle between those 3 with a custom button.

setting 'eqmode' 'frequency' ? setting 'eqmode' 'moderneq' : setting 'eqmode' 'moderneq' ? setting 'eqmode' 'stems' : setting 'eqmode' 'frequency'

Posted Tue 11 May 21 @ 10:45 am
Okay, so I was able to use the custom button to map a button on my controller that can switch between modern and frequency. The button is a beatmatch guide and I couldn't figure out how to script it for a controller button. But I got a good workaround.

I have small 8 knob/pad controller, I'd like to map specifically stem eq knobs to it. That way I can use my main controller knobs to alternate between frequency and modern (for transitions vs balance eq) and then secondary launchpad can always have stem knobs for mashups.

Any hints?

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 1:02 am
Hi,
I would like to map stems on separate faders/knobs of another controller but leave the EQs in frequency mode. Is this possible?
Is there or will there be a script word like 'eq_high'. Maybe something like 'eq_vocal', I can use to map to whatever I want.

Cheers

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 1:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
"stem vocal"

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 1:13 pm
Thx a lot, Adion πŸ‘ πŸ‘Œ

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 1:20 pm
samusxLE userMember since 2008
I'm confused. How exactly can you set a custom mapping on a controller to cycle through the EQ modes?
For example shift + cue channel 1 = change EQ mode -1 and shift + cue channel 2 = change EQ mode +1.

Or even just a simple cycling in a loop would be ok. I don't see 'EQ mode' in the list of things to map.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 21 @ 12:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As mentioned in the posts above you can use the setting script
For simply cycling you can indeed use eq_mode +1 and eq_mode -1

Posted Thu 14 Oct 21 @ 12:39 pm
I'm sorry but I don't know what setting script is.
I need a little more guidance.
Where do I input that?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 21 @ 8:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 14 Oct 21 @ 8:47 pm
Oh thanks, I got it to work.
I was using a different skin that doesn't have a custom button.

So I opened the default pro skin.
Clicked the custom button and typed setting 'eq_mode' +1 (I think that's the code I typed) and it works perfectly to just cycle through the different EQ modes.

Now I haven't tested yet, I wonder if I can map this custom button to a key on my controller, and then switch to a different skin and still have the button work. I'll find out.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 21 @ 7:04 am
How do I Make another EQ setting like Modern EQ or Stems my default EQ FOREVER.

I neeeeeeeeed that guys. Please help πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 1:57 am
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have it done this way:

Custom Botton Switch for toggle Stems V2 <-> Reduced Quality (V1)

setting "stemsRealtimeSeparation" Enabled ? setting "stemsRealtimeSeparation" 1 : setting "stemsRealtimeSeparation" Enabled

or Custom Botton Switch for toggle Stems V2 > Reduced Quality (V1) > Stems Disabled

setting "stemsRealtimeSeparation" +1 & setting "stemsRealtimeSeparation" disabled ? eq_reset & setting 'eqMode' 'frequency' : eq_reset & setting 'eqMode' 'EZRemix'

Button Name for display stemsRealtimeSeparation Mode (shows the choosen eqmode on the custom button):
`setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation'`

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 8:10 am
Go Into OPTIONS, Click On Reset All, Reopen Virtual Dj It will Start Back Working

Posted Thu 20 Jul 23 @ 1:51 am