Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New bug with Microphone input in Broadcast / Record logic

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
A bug has been introduced to VDJ Pro within the last two updates which prevents the mic input being broadcast to a streaming radio server when "recordMicrophone" is set to off in options>record. The local "master" output is unaffected and continues to correctly output the mic input when "audio_inputs" > "mic" is toggled to on/off.

I stream a weekly radio show of music, during which I mix music and talk live to address listeners comments in a live web chat. I also record a "clean" version of the music mix (without the mic input) for upload to Mixcloud after the live show. Up until the last two updates, this was possible by selecting "recordMicrophone" off in options. However now, when broadcasting to a live radio server, as soon as a recording is started the microphone is muted on the broadcast stream if "recordMicrophone" is set to off in options. The only workaround solution is to set "recordMicrophone" to "on" in options, however this prevents me from recording a clean music mix without the microphone.

SOLUTION: There are two possible solutions to this bug:

1. Return the logic to the previous configuration, where the "recordMicrophone" selection in options had no effect on the broadcast audio stream (which nominally mirrored the local master output).

2. Add a "broadcastMicrophone" setting in options > broadcast to allow users to select if they wish to broadcast the mic input or not.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 12:56 pm
This bug still exists on new Mac Build v8.4 b5874

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 10:30 am
This bug also still exists on VDJ Pro 2021 (Mac Build v8.5 b5920)

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 10:44 am
This bug still exists in VDJ Pro 2021 Mac (8.5 b5922)

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 7:17 pm
This bug still exists in VDJ Pro 2021 Mac (v8.5 b5949)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 7:56 pm
This bug still exists in v8.5 b6106

Posted Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 8:36 pm
I think the broadcast and recording signal are supposed to be identical, so maybe this was not a new "bug" but a "correction".
It would be nice to be able to control this nonetheless.
Can some dev at least acknowledge the persistence of fellow DJ Gadg? =D

Posted Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 9:47 pm
What is your hardware and setup`?

Depending on what you hardware is, you could always set boothMicrophone to "no" and record the booth output as a "fix" for now

Posted Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)