Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Overlay 2 videos via Slideshow?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to stream as part of the #setforlove fundraiser and they provide video overlays etc for use in OBS.

Was going to use OBS to stream but also want to use my mic, and the line-in is tied up by the mic (I can't broadcast using mic channels on the Numark NS6ii).

As a temporary measure (as I want to get into streaming a lot more), I won't be going on camera yet until I set up a nice visual area, so I wanted to play video of nice drone footage whilst I play but in this instance, I'd also like to overlay the skin they've provided which is a transparent video file. This shows the donation link etc.

Is it either possible - or a clever workaround via VDJ rather than OBS anyone can think of?

I discovered how to play a full video via the forum but couldn't find this question.

Thanks!

John

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 11:28 am
OK - good news.

OBS does pick up the mic from the controller into the line-in! Therefore I can use OBS to stream and still get the mic and the audio from the mixing.

If anyone does still have answers to the above, that would be handy. I think in today's world if VDJ can almost have some functionality for intuitive adding of overlays, etc it could be onto a winner!

VDJ really needs to shout about the native broadcasting functionality during this time rather than let all the other software take the limelight.

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 12:00 pm
Play the overlay from the sampler?

Posted Sat 09 May 20 @ 12:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
Play the overlay from the sampler?

Will have to play around with that as I've never tried so thanks for the tip!

Eventually, I'll have a bit more of a set up in the sense of having a background, lighting and maybe even multiple cameras.

Posted Sun 10 May 20 @ 8:33 pm
Hutsy wrote :

VDJ really needs to shout about the native broadcasting functionality during this time rather than let all the other software take the limelight.

They really do that already
But I find that people still don't get it
As in:
"You can do everything regarding broadcasting and streaming directly from VDJ"
"Ok, so VDJ can send directly to OBS?"
"No no. You don't need OBS at all - that'll just be overhead with fewer options and potentially worse sound. VDJ can broadcast and stream directly to your platform"
"Ok, so VDJ can't send to OBS?"

I must have been in that discussion 10+ times over the last few weeks
I've even made several Youtube videos about it
People just don't seem to get it

Posted Sun 10 May 20 @ 9:34 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Only 10 times klaus?, that's so understated I could accuse you of being British

I agree, what might be an idea is a video mixing power room video, doesn't even need to be any one with name recognition just some interesting visual stuff
Start of video "so today I'm just going to be just using vdj" - cut to 5 minutes of video awesome
then a follow up video with all the techy stuff

I think I might do a extended broadcast this weekend when I can get a decent UL speed.
[I'd like to do video uploads but only have mobile internet and I'm in a bad reception area]

Posted Mon 11 May 20 @ 1:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)