Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Compatible FX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like the Atomix programmer to also add compatibility for 32-bit effects and VSTs in the 64-bit VirtualDJ version.
It also works with big daws like FL Studio ect. ;-)
There are so many good effects from the 32-bit version, as well as 32-bit VSTs which you can no longer use in Virtual DJ.
I even have a lot of super working effects from the 7 well wellche in the 32 bit work perfectly.
Why is Virtual DJ made more functional?
It's not difficult that both work ;-)
Simply a big wish and certainly also from many other users.
Greetings Dani

Posted Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 3:58 pm
Is there any particular reason why you need to run the 64 bit version of VDJ?

If you like the 32 bit effects so much, just use the 32 bit VDJ. :-)

Posted Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 5:20 pm
djdutschi wrote :
I would like the Atomix programmer to also add compatibility for 32-bit effects and VSTs in the 64-bit VirtualDJ version.

I don't think that's possible
You need to do it the other way around - create 64 bit versions of the 32 bit plugins you need

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 11:58 am
However, there are not 64bit versions of all good effects.
And besides, it would be easier even for the developers to develop a 64bit program that supports both than to always develop 2.
In addition, many users want to be able to continue using their good 32 bit effects.
But if you say so, then you are welcome to rewrite my 32bit to 64bit versions.
Would be nice.
In addition, the 64bit version is said to be better in performance, why Groovin advises me to use the 32bit instead.
Greetings Dani
And as I said, many big programs also support both, and I think Virtual DJ grew just as big ;-)

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 7:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djdutschi wrote :
And besides, it would be easier .... than to always develop 2.

Not really, for most audio fx it really is just one button to build x64/x86, video is a different matter.

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 7:58 pm
djdutschi wrote :
many big programs also support both

I just did a little bit of research...

Cubase has a built in bridge, but Steinberg's main advice is to ditch the old 32 bit plugins. They say you can try using a bridge (their own or jbridge) but results will vary. Their other suggestion is to use the 32 bit version of Cubase - which follows what I said regarding VDJ.

Ableton support advise along the same lines, except they don't have their own bridge.

What are these "many programs" that support 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit system?

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:00 pm
For example: FL Studio, Cakewalk Sonar, but these are not important to DAWs ..
Most programs are compatible with 32bit plugins, should be that way ...
And in addition, all 64bit programs that I own also support Windows 7 (unimportant whether the support from MS still exists) are enough users who find it better. This is another reason I don't quite understand ..
Compatibility with things below is important so that programs run best and are also bought by many users ...
Well anyway.
I have expressed my opinion and wish to the team!
And it would certainly be less work if a 64bit program was further developed, which supports good downward compatibility and both effect versions ;-)
I wish you success.
Dani

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:37 pm
locodog wrote :
djdutschi wrote :
And besides, it would be easier .... than to always develop 2.

Not really, for most audio fx it really is just one button to build x64/x86, video is a different matter.

If it is easier with just a few clicks, then convert the 32bit effects to 64bit.

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:40 pm
If you have the source code...
Get me the source and give me a few quid and I'll consider it. :p

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 8:49 pm
locodog wrote :
If you have the source code...
Get me the source and give me a few quid and I'll consider it. :p

I can give You the DLLs from Effects ;-)

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 9:37 pm
can't take the eggs out of the cake once it's baked.

Posted Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 9:44 pm
So, your eggs don't really have to be either ;-)

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 12:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
While indeed technically possible, there are no plans to support 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit version of VirtualDJ.
Since there are still people running 32-bit versions of windows, we still need to offer a 32-bit version of VirtualDJ as well for a while, so if you need 32-bit plugins you are indeed advised to use the 32-bit version of VirtualDJ, and encourage the plugin's author to update their plugins and offer a 64-bit version as well.

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 5:21 am
Adion wrote :
While indeed technically possible, there are no plans to support 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit version of VirtualDJ.
Since there are still people running 32-bit versions of windows, we still need to offer a 32-bit version of VirtualDJ as well for a while, so if you need 32-bit plugins you are indeed advised to use the 32-bit version of VirtualDJ, and encourage the plugin's author to update their plugins and offer a 64-bit version as well.

But it would not be absolutely necessary that so many still use the 32-bit version of Virtual DJ.
I only use it for the reason that I have a lot of things that don't work in 64bit ;-)
Certainly it is possible, and as I said above, you only need to develop software ...
Well, or you do the work and convert the effects which are only available in 32bit to 64bit ... But you don't do that, because it's too much ;-)
That's not a problem..
There are still so many beautiful effects, whether video (example milk drop, which so many ask for) or great audio effects, which can also be used as live performance ...
I have so many FX from the VDJ 7 which are still running in 8.4 2020 ..
I'm also glad about it.
But I would like to use the 64bit, as certainly other users, because you say that it has better performance ..
Well, my wish remains.
Or as I said LocoDog, someone will find the one that recodes my best as 64bit ..
Otherwise I am very satisfied with the VDJ developers :-)
Greetings Dani

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 7:00 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want to use the 64-bit version for performance reasons then you shouldn't want this bridge layer anyway. It will probably throw away all the performance improvements anyway.

Posted Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 3:06 am
I actually meant.
I would very much like to use the 64bit version of Virtual DJ, but also to use my good effects which are only available in 32bit and which can be used in 64bit as 64bit.
My tip was, it makes more sense to make both compatible in one program, so you can use what you need and want right now ...
Compatibility is everything these days.
Just as it would be important to continue supporting older operating systems because many still want to use them.
This is for example regarding Win 7, irrelevant whether Microsoft updates it further.
That is my opinion.
And it's just nonsense to develop 2 programs if one could do everything ;-)
But do what you think.
Greetings Dani

Posted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 2:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)