Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hidden Files & Issues Adding to Virtual Folder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just begun experimenting with virtual folders and I am unable to drop songs into the virtual folder I've created. I have checked permissions and the virtualDJ folder has full control (as well as the mappers sub-folder). I've also moved my virtual folder to different locations (root, local music, drives, etc.) but that didn't help. The weird thing is that if I go to my virtual folder, 0 songs appear, but when I type a character into the search bar, thousands of songs in my library show up. This seems to indicate my entire library exists in the virtual folder but they are hidden...? I'm relatively new to the software so this may be an easy fix, but I appreciate any help!

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 2:20 am
Well by default search function will search your entire music collection, not only the "folder" you're in.
Also when it finds results from both places (the folder you're in and other locations) it shows the "local" results first, then it adds a separator and then it shows the rest results.
From the way you describe it, the search works fine, but your virtual folder is empty.

PS: Have you checked (on the left side of browser) that you have all media types visible (audio,video, karaoke) ?

Another question:
How do you create new virtual folders ?

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)