Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rewire not showing up as audio device option

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the latest build of VDJ 2020. I have Ableton live 8 Suite. I've read every thread I can find about this (there are a couple of entitled, non-technical people acting like jerks toward the community in my opinion.) Of course I've read the manual's description about using Rewire. It says Rewire is "integrated" into the advanced audio setup. This screenshot shows in my audio settings there is no option to select and and add a Rewire slave application. The Ableton knowledge base article about enabling Rewire in other DAWs does not have VDJ on the list. What am I missing?

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 5:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
ReWire is currently only available on Windows.

On mac applications usually don't have exclusive access to an audio device anyway, so you don't really need it to have both VirtualDJ and Ableton Live play on the same device.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 5:51 am
Adion wrote :
ReWire is currently only available on Windows.

On mac applications usually don't have exclusive access to an audio device anyway, so you don't really need it to have both VirtualDJ and Ableton Live play on the same device.

Thank you for explaining that. I’m not crazy! Well... maybe I won’t go that far, but I’m not doing this wrong we’ll say. Haha
Sure appreciate your reply

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 2:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)