Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Scratch Vertical Waves not showing!
Hello, I just set up a new laptop (Lenovo y920) today and for some reason the vertical waves in scratch are not showing. Horizonal shows fine and even when I toggle beat grid on and off, they show. I'm using the Versadeck skin which I've been using for years and has worked on multiple laptops. Is there a setting that needs adjusted that I'm overlooking?

I'm running v8.4-64 b5522

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 12:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Same goes with the Default skins ?
Look for updated Graphics Card Drivers

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 3:26 pm
No, on the default skins they work perfectly.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 4:16 pm
When you say Versadeck, is that the original VDJ 7 skin (from 2012), or the one that was updated for VDJ 8 (from 2014)?

Posted Mon 17 Feb 20 @ 5:25 pm
Sorry, I just got in from work. The most recently updated Versadeck skin (from 2014) is the one I'm using. Been rocking with that on every laptop I've owned since 2012. 😁

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 12:43 am
dj_kandre wrote :
Sorry, I just got in from work. The most recently updated Versadeck skin (from 2014) is the one I'm using. Been rocking with that on every laptop I've owned since 2012. 😁

Ok, you probably need to get someone to update it to work with VDJ2020 and the updated skin engine
Maybe djdad has the time for it?

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 12:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If its about this skin http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=skins&search=versadeck then it works fine here, and i believe you said its working fine for you too, but not in a specific computer. In this case, you probably have to look in your graphics card drivers and see if there is any update available and probably some Windows 10 update

EDIT. OK i see now It's fine with the 32bit version but not with the 64bit one. Will try to update the skin soon.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 2:26 am
hey i have the same problem with my wave but am useing a mac an the serato skin virtical
help plz

Posted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 9:47 pm
same problem im having useing a 2012 mac book pro

Posted Fri 04 Mar 22 @ 9:00 pm
You said you're using "the serato skin" - but there is no official VDJ skin like that. If you choose to use a skin that's not been verified by the Atomix team then that's at your own risk.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 10:29 am