Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Roland DJ-707m custom mapping help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi team,

LOVE my new DJ-707m. I spent years trying to find a sensible replacement for my old Denon HC4500 and stand-alone mixer layout.

I've retrained my brain and muscle memory on everything except for just one thing....

The headphone volume control. It's on the front edge of the controller, and my custom case means it's not easily accessible.

Is there a way to "remap" headphone control to the Sampler volume knob? I don't use the sampler, not sure I ever will. It is a much more logical place for headphone volume.

Thanks in advance!

Nick
New Zealand

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 11:18 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Educated guess here, looks like the headphone vol is HW based so that dial will always be the last 'valve' in the chain as to how much you hear but you can control how much you feed it like so.
Change ONINIT to
fake_master on & fake_filter on & deck all pad_page 'hotcues'
Change Sampler_Vol to
headphone_volume

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 11:42 pm
locodog wrote :
...you can control how much you feed it like so.
Change ONINIT

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think I have done enough with VDJ scripts to make this work.

I did try to add it to the ONINIT option by editing the 707 control map (in settings) but it's not doing anything.

I'll look at the VDJ scripting help docs.

I wonder if there's another way?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 3:08 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If that didn't work then probably not.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 3:48 am
Just wanted to update this old post - Locodog, your script worked. I didn't understand how to load it properly.

Changed my world! Thanks for your help!

Posted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)