Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Faster way to add Ratings? + I searched Deezer for "Valentines" and of course rejected most songs. >> How can I not listen to those same songs if I search again next year?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can you edit Ratings from within the browser or Sidelist / Automix or from a deck?
I can move my mouse to the song, right-click it, move my mouse up to tag editor, move my mouse to enter a rating, click ok. Much simpler in MediaMonkey, iTunes, etc etc. Is there a simpler way?

I searched Deezer for "Valentines" and of course rejected most songs. How can I not listen to those same songs if I search again next year? My answer is to rate them. Is there a better way? Will VDJ remember my rating for an online song a year later? If I add the new year, will all songs added to deezer (or soundcloud or wherever) in the last year appear, or only songs with that year in the name of the song or album? I found a ton with 2020 in the album title - many/most of which are not new to 2020!

For downloaded music, I keep crap on my laptop so it shows up in my database so I don't download something again because it has a good title (and I forgot I listened to it a year before). Is there a better way?

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 4:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 4:23 pm
Thanks!

Do you happen to know if VDJ will remember my rating for an online song I only played once a year later? (Played for myself, not as a DJ'd event.)

Do you happen to know if VDJ will remember my rating for a downloaded song if I delete the song?

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 4:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't, give it a try and report your findings.

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 5:24 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can also map some buttons or keys on your keyboard.

rating 1
rating 2
rating 3 ....

and if the song is loaded on the deck just press you button.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 20 @ 8:26 am
@Pachn,
cool thanks.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 8:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)