Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: mcx 8000 clone script problem ..need help please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

need a bit of help with a script i think.
windows 10 newest update using vdj 2020
i use all types of gear , kontrol z2 ,ddj sp1, mcx8000. i wrote script for load buttons on each unit to clone deck if pressed but to load song if pressed for few seconds which has been working on the ddj sp1 and kontrol z2 .however i jus got the mcx8000 so figured i would map it as i did the others

well fridays gig my script stopped worikng on right deck of mcx8000 a few hours into my reception .saturdays party it happend on the left deck same thing !!! also i noticed that the clone button and the sync button both stopped working .i thought its kinda odd but each inccident was identical except different deck

did i copy the script wrong ?also how could both sync and clone deck both stop working at same time? or is it jus a weird coinsodent? thanks another weird thing is if i press and hold it still loadw the selected song but short press doesnt clone deck .it starts out working ok but after few hours the clone function just seens to quit

heres the script for the load button :

holding ?load : clone_from_deck
also i havent had this problem wit the kontrol z2 or ddj sp1

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 8:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
missing a space after the question mark

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 8:55 pm
O wow lol thanks ..i will put it in asap ..i appreciate the help

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 2:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From your script it looks like you are using clone more often than loading ??
Anyways, instead of holding, you could also use double-press, like...
doubleclick ? clone_from_deck : load
or ...
doubleclick ? load : clone_from_deck if you prefer

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 9:56 am
djdad wrote :
From your script it looks like you are using clone more often than loading ??

that is correct and in situations when i only take one turntable out it makes it easier to be able to do instant doubles and sound like i'm on 2 tables with the scratch tricks and stuff just got used to it might not with this board but recently got it so time wil tell lol..so far im liking it though especially with the battery problems going on with the mwm phase right now .. oly down is you cant backspin on it with the touch sensitve wheels smh

thanks for the suggestion will give it a go see if it acts better but have to wait a day since at the moment computer in th process of copying ntfs hard drive to exfat

Posted Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 4:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)