Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: transferring settings from one laptop to another

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jama204ControlleristMember since 2016
Hi Every one,
I am trying to transfer my settings for cues trax colours ect from 1 laptop to my other,with no joy,I have tried following the videos about Recurse and batch ect...no joy,also I have copied and transferred my Edit in DJ virtual..no joy...what I need to know how to do is save my settings,then copy to hard drive and transfer,if any one could help I would be great full.

Yours Maly

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 6:49 pm

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 6:56 pm
Just copy your VDJ file from your backup.

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 7:20 pm
jama204ControlleristMember since 2016
fallguy66 wrote :
Just copy your VDJ file from your backup.

Hi..I have tried that and for some reason its not reloading.....if I knew another way of saving my settings,which I could then copy and reload...I do appreciate the time Fallguy 66

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 11:09 am
Can you provide a few more details?

Just saying "no joy" doesn't really help anyone understand what the problem is.

You also say "it's not releading" - what does that mean? What's "it"? What do you mean by "releading"?

If you followed the steps given in the link above (from kradcliffe) then you shouldn't have any issues. Unless you describe what's happening (or not happening) in more detail, it's difficult to offer advice.

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 11:18 am
app2010PRO InfinityMember since 2013
kradcliffe wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html

in the above link will that work if your transferring your cache from a windows computer too a mac? thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 5:01 pm
The cache is the cache. It doesn't matter what OS your computer is running.

Obviously there are differences in the directory locations, but the files are the same.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)