Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: "Show Only" buttons in 2020

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm using the Pro - Contrast color scheme. I have a hard time telling the status of the three buttons for selecting the visible file types. I can't find the section in the skin file to edit the color between on and off. Can someone please guide me to it? I would like it to be #502b2f when the file type is being ignored.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 6:55 pm
The browser is its own thing. Code can be added to the browser section of the skin, but only to alter the background, text and so on.

The browser buttons use the icon file, which is either in the VDJ program itself, or can be custom (added to the skin).

Not as simple as tweaking a colour value in the skin, I'm afraid.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 7:05 pm
Bummer, I was hoping it was like a transparent shade or something I could do....

Thank you bud.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 7:14 pm
You could possibly overlay a <visual> in the position and shape of the button, but as the button is quite dark, it would be difficult to get the overlay visible enough without covering the icon.

Posted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 7:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In the XML of the Pro skin, somewhere around lines 1266+, you will find the browser class and its <button> section...
<button>
<up color="browser_iconbuttonup" border="bordercolor2" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<down color="browser_iconbuttondown" border="bordercolor2" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<over color="browser_iconbuttonover" border="bordercolor2" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<selected color="browser_iconbuttonactive" border="bordercolor2" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<menu shape="circle" color="darkgray" border="bordercolor3" border_size="8" width="29" height="29"/>
<menuover shape="circle" color="gray" border="bordercolor3" border_size="8" width="29" height="29"/>
</button>

This part handles how the browser buttons look like. Play around with these - replace the color names with some RGB values - and once you find your preferred colors, you can change the color shortcuts in the upper defines section of the xml (colorschemes defines)
Most likely its the <up> and <selected> colors you want to change.

Tip.
This is the code used in my Blocks skin, in case you want to get some idea ..
<button>
<up color="#101010" border="#404040" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<down color="#353535" border="#aaaaaa" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<over color="#303030" border="#707070" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<selected color="#353535" border="#aaaaaa" border_size="2" width="60" height="54"/>
<menu shape="circle" color="#aaaaaa" border="#505050" border_size="8" width="29" height="29"/>
<menuover shape="circle" color="white" border="#505050" border_size="8" width="29" height="29"/>
</button>

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 4:26 pm
Looks like my knowledge is out of date then! When was this stuff added? It's not in the skin wiki yet.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 6:12 pm
Thank you djdad. The down color actually worked better for me with these buttons. I like it to highlight when those are off. It's easier for me to notice that I'm limiting my search.

Posted Wed 02 Oct 19 @ 1:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)