Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VARIABLE BPM auto analysis - Page: 2
nullcase wrote :

Option to "Move" first beat (keep existing beat location, just move what is considered first beat. speeds up the above by like 5x).

You can do that allready via 3 methods:
1) Use the BPM Editor window. On bottom right of the window there are two arrow buttons. They move the first beat.
2) Click/Tap the "TAP" button once. When you tap the TAP button once, the current location is stored as the first beat location
3)Use the adjust_cbg action. You can map empty custom buutons, keyboard shortcuts or even controller buttons to adjust_cbg +1 and adjust_cbg -1. Then you can move the first beat around by one exact beat at a time.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 12:38 am
nullcaseControlleristMember since 2022
PhantomDeejay wrote :
nullcase wrote :

Option to "Move" first beat (keep existing beat location, just move what is considered first beat. speeds up the above by like 5x).

You can do that allready via 3 methods:
1) Use the BPM Editor window. On bottom right of the window there are two arrow buttons. They move the first beat.
2) Click/Tap the "TAP" button once. When you tap the TAP button once, the current location is stored as the first beat location
3)Use the adjust_cbg action. You can map empty custom buutons, keyboard shortcuts or even controller buttons to adjust_cbg +1 and adjust_cbg -1. Then you can move the first beat around by one exact beat at a time.

You're a legend. Thank you so much! The custom buttons are a perfect solution.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 5:46 am
nullcase wrote :
Also interested in high quality BPM analysis / variable BPM.

Variable BPM is already included
I did a video on it a while back:

Posted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 7:45 am
ive noticed that the software does not consider analyzing variable bpm analysis unless u go into the bpm analysis option like u showed above and specifically request it. i wish there was an option to choose it from the library option and also choose it to analyze a bunch of songs with variable bpms at once. it is time consuming to go into each song and choose variable bpm separately.

Posted Sun 21 May 23 @ 12:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use browsed_file_analyze multi on a custom button to analyze all selected songs for variable bpm.

Posted Sun 21 May 23 @ 12:54 pm
Adion wrote :
You can use browsed_file_analyze multi on a custom button to analyze all selected songs for variable bpm.

thanks buddy!

Posted Mon 22 May 23 @ 9:49 pm
Adion wrote :

Can this be added to the right-click context menu for selected files? Mapping a button to do it is not too much work, but you need to access the button from somewhere else in the skin (in most skins the buttons are placed above the browser), and it naturally seems to fit into that context menu by default - maybe Analyze BPM could be a submenu with constant and multi BPM analysis options?

Posted Wed 24 May 23 @ 11:16 am
Adion wrote :

so i tried this and it doesnt analyze "variable" bpm. it just does the regular bom analysis. I have a lot of house transition tracks which i wanna select as a group and choose variable bpm analysis. how do i do that?

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 9:38 am
Tried here and it does do multi bpm analysis here.

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 10:45 am
^ please share how did u select multiple files and chose "variable bpm analysis".

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 10:48 am
Put browsed_file_analyze multi on a custom button, selected a couple tracks with bpm changes in the browser using CTRL, and pressed the custom button.
After, opened the bpm editor to confirm that multiple bpm points had been set.

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 11:10 am
^ thought i tried that and it didnt, work. ok, will try it again. thanks!

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 11:15 am