Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New from Mackie........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Check out their new DRM series here.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 9:42 pm
Looks decent enough.

I just bought a full Bose F1 system and it's very good.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 10:21 pm
I'm still using the original Mackie 450's. I love the new stuff, but they still work. No one has ever said, "How come you still using old speakers"? I have been to parties where guys had old, mismatched, beat-up, carpeted speakers, that looked terrible. But the guy keeps working. I really want to get some of the smaller, more efficient speakers, but they still work and look good.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 10:34 pm
The original Mackie SRM450 series were workhorses. The venue I used to work in had a pair and they were brilliant. Later models were made in China and didn't have the same quality unfortunately. Two of them failed in no time.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 19 @ 10:36 pm
Try RCF 715a mk4 they are killers you do not need subs with this speakers, they are extremely loud! they are built like tank if you go for them you wont be disappointed!
Trust me. They got FiRPHASE Technology

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 12:19 am
I got that email through yesterday too, cant see any pricing on the net currently though?

Same here - still have my 450s mk1 and use them often, the problem is that some of the new stuff still doesn't sound as good as these!
Also have the matching SWA1801z (the wooden cab one) sub to go with them, but sadly its too heavy (and loud) now for most parties, just makes the odd appearance now and again :)

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 9:10 am
kradcliffe wrote :
The original Mackie SRM450 series were workhorses. The venue I used to work in had a pair and they were brilliant. Later models were made in China and didn't have the same quality unfortunately. Two of them failed in no time.

I still have a pair of the original SRM450s made in Italy from 2002. I think I've done about 5 or 6 gigs with them since 2002!!! Still reluctant to part with them, you know, just in case lol. Nearly as bad as my flightcased 1210s I never use.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 7:06 pm
Thing is, if something is good it doesn't matter how old it is.

My watch has survived unscathed from 1982 but it still tells the time correctly!

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 7:27 pm
LOL! I don't even wear a watch any more. My phone shows me the time (etc).

Posted Fri 11 Jan 19 @ 8:02 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had looked into getting an array setup for my larger gigs.
Now that I’ve moved, there is no need
However, I really like Mackie gear. I have a few live sound boards and 4 original SRM-450’s that have never let me down

Posted Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 5:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)