Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can I get left right stereo balance?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not sure if what I want is possible and it might be really a low end question but I'm lost,

my main gear has a physical knob for left and right speaker so you can adjust which is louder or get a nice balance,
however for other things I just use my smaller DJ 2 go and DJIO
im on vdj7 and use the dark rusty v skin, I do not see any skin knob for the adjustment and before posting I found, downloaded and installed the balance addon but after that im lost,
so can I even have speaker balance with this set up and if so please walk me though how in a low tech assume im stupid way,
Many thanks,
Cheers,
B

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 5:38 am
I don't know about v7 because it's been so many years since that was in use and supported

But the balance effect you download for v8 is made as an audio effect. So you can simply select it as the master effect on the master pane, turn it on, and use the little gear next to it in the drop down to get to it's settings, and adjust it

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 5:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Like klaus I no longer use v7 so I can't test but from looking at the legacy script page
the script is
master_balance

I'd use 3 scripts tied to keyboard keys
master_balance +1%
master_balance -1%
master_balance 50%

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 5:56 am
Here are both ways shown in VDJ8

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 6:27 am
well thanks guys and Klaus you rock,
I had no idea how antiquated I was/am on 7 I have the pro license and grabbed 8 to check it out again,
so in a highjack of my own original question, 8 grabbed skins from the 7 that was on my laptop and I was using Rusty V by DJdad, but I had changed the browser fonts and color and added my nights name across the bottom of the center browser screen but oddly while it shows when you pick the skin it doesn't show when loaded, well, my font change does show only in the cue windows....
any ideas on that?
many thanks
b

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 12:10 pm

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 12:17 pm
Okay,
Again I wanna thank all for being kind as I try to jump into vdj8,

I did some reading and playing with it, it has a feature where in tags you can change the color of the font of a specific song or songs so when you do a search for example I tag all my punk red and and goth green I know fast what is what so that's a cool trade off to me for not just having all fonts the same color,
I also found how to make the fonts bigger for my old eyes.

So I have a couple questions,
not on my djdad rusty skin but on the default skin up in the cue box to the left of the song title it displays album clip art or generic art, can that be turned off or hidden?

and can my show name or a dj name be added to the background of the browser window as I did in 7,
like I said its odd, on 8 in the preview my modified rusty skin shows the nights name on the lower center browser window but on the actual program it doesn't,
could it be in 8 you cant add a pic there?
keep in mind this is added to the bmp image not the coding,
many thanks,
B

ps
yeah, 8 does look pretty darn sweet.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 7:37 am
The13bats wrote :
on the default skin up in the cue box to the left of the song title it displays album clip art or generic art, can that be turned off or hidden?

There are some edits/variations of the default skin that allow you to do that. I think Browser Zoom was the first. The most popular "tweaked" skin is V8 but by FRUiT which has a huge amount of tweakability. :-)

As for the browser image, try making the browser background transparent (see wiki).

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 8:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)