Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: database problems...??? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Scorpio666 wrote :
OK thank you it is working... :) now I have there this button hallelujaaaaa :)))))

You don't need this button. If you have setTagsAuto enabled, the Tags get written automatically to the database. So you don't have to click on the button. That's why the button is not there if setTagsAuto is enabled ;)

Posted Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 7:19 am
PachN - thak you for your info - yes I know, but few days before support VDJ wrote , that I need this button to write TAGs, I had before automat - and I still prefer automat without this button... :)
but thank you again have a nice day

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 8:07 pm
MrJackyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have a problem with the microsd database.

I have a session in a memory card created with single tracks, but with an action POI that makes the songs load and execute the necessary actions to play the 5 h session.

The problem is that when I start the VirtualDJ with the inserted card, it deletes the database and creates a new one. Therefore, the session disappears and I must close VirtualDJ, restore the saved database, extract the MicroSD, open VirtualDJ again and then insert the card again.

Luckily, I have a backup of the database!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 11:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps the database on your c drive also contains entries for these files?

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 11:58 am
MrJackyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
no, it's more ... delete it.
it is a tablet with windows 10 and with little internal memory (32gb).
I need the MicroSD to store the music and keeping the database of the card, I can use it on the desktop PC. On both computers I have the MicroSD as B: \

Posted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 12:18 pm
Hi folks, I've got a general DB query. I'm running my first actual backup with VDJ and it appears to have been running for 6 hours now!? Really? I only have around 13k tracks. If I STOP it and exit VDJ am I at risk!?

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:17 am
peds777 wrote :
running my first actual backup

How? What exactly are you doing?

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:20 am
groovindj wrote :
peds777 wrote :
running my first actual backup

How? What exactly are you doing?

Just chose the option within VDJ to Create Database Backup. On the status bar I've got "Renaming.../" flashing away like crazy for hours now. I have full backups of my system and my music but I thought I'd try the actual DB backup within VDJ.

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:39 am
Where is your music and database? Internal or external drive, or maybe both?

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:49 am
groovindj wrote :
Where is your music and database? Internal or external drive, or maybe both?

It's all on the hard drive in one master folder

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:51 am
peds777 wrote :
the hard drive

Where is that hard drive? Built into the computer or an external box?

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:55 am
When you hover your mouse over it, it should give some more info on what it is working on

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 8:57 am
groovindj wrote :
peds777 wrote :
the hard drive

Where is that hard drive? Built into the computer or an external box?

Hard Drive of the MAC. All I need to know is if I stop the process will cause a problem !?

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 9:00 am
No problem.
Also if ut doesn't say creating backup then the backup is probably already finished. (check in documents virtualdj backup folder)

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 9:02 am
Adion wrote :
No problem.
Also if ut doesn't say creating backup then the backup is probably already finished. (check in documents virtualdj backup folder)

Cool, Stopped it. Have backup file .zip . all working and all tracks are there. So all looks good thanks. Just didn't fancy stopping without checking first. As I only have 2 hours until I need it!

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 9:14 am
DjGdanyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Has anyone experienced this problem. I recently upgrade my external hard drive so that I can just plug it into my laptop instead of using a power outlet. I've copied all the files over from my old drive to the new drive and it took like 4 day and I made sure everything file was there when it was completed, but for some reason everytime I connect the new drive serching for songs shortly after it starts scanning. The scan area displays RENAMING...RENAMING.. and 100% shows on the virtual DJ Icon that you would click on to start the program. I left my laptop on for a whole week and it was still doing the same thing. I closed the program, but anytime I open the program it still does it even now as I'm trying to get some help with this issue, I'm on a gig it starts doing that and it's really really annoying.
Please help

Posted Thu 30 May 19 @ 6:41 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Sounds like one or more of these might have happened:
- you used Explorer or Finder to copy the files
- the old and new drives have different drive letters (assuming Windows)
- you didn’t copy the VirtualDJ folder over, which contains the database for external drives

You might be able to copy the database folder over and ensure the new drive has the same letter as the old.

Best way to move your library is to do it within VDJ.

Posted Fri 31 May 19 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)