Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Are Pioneer ASIO drivers stable enough to use ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My question is:
I have used Denon equipment for a very long time, especially the HC4500 and the MC6000. The ASIO drivers for those units had a very bad reputation for being unstable and cause pops, clicks and other bad surprises. That made me use WASAPI, even if I didn't experience any problems myself with the ASIO.

I recently bought a Pioneer DDJ-1000 and wonder if Pioneer ASIO drivers are working better than the Denon ones? Or should I go for WASAPI also here?
Any recommendation is appreciated!

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 7:44 am
I use nothing but ASIO drivers for both Denon and Pioneer (and Reloop and Numark), so I would say yes
However I do remeber that the ASIO drivers for the MC6000mk1 had a bad reputation, but I never owned that unit

So I've had the opposite problem, I still mainly run Win7, and on that I've never found a way for WASAPI to become stable enough
And my new Pioneer DDJ-400, which doesn't have an ASIO driver, is not currently in use (except testing/mapping/creating videos about it) because my main gig machine is Win7

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 8:43 am
I also use Win 7 64bit and no problem with WASAPI for my MC6000mk1.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 9:01 am
Mobile Zombie wrote :
I also use Win 7 64bit and no problem with WASAPI for my MC6000mk1.

Cool. I have no idea why my Win7 laptops don't like WASAPI then
But as I said I've had no problem with ASIO drivers for my main controllers, which are currently my MC3000 (still love that thing), Reloop TM4, Numark NS7 and Pioneer DDJ-SR

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 9:11 am
I am using Pioneer ASIO drivers with my DDJ-SB2 and DDJ-SR2, and they work fine. I could never use the Denon ASIO drivers with my MC6000.

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 4:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)