Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: XDJ-RX Functions not working in vdj 2018

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I have had the xdj-rx1 for some time now and have mostly been using it with rekordbox. I miss, vdj radio and want to play there once again, so i went ahead and bought a xdj-rx specific license (some thing like 199$). I cannot get the headphone cue buttons (pfl in vdj language) to work properly. I have set up my audio settings so that it is using the "speakers and headphones" while also using the "pioneer xdj-rx" card selected ensuring that speakers are set to channel 1 &2, while headphones are set to channels 3 & 4 (the default setting). I have also ensured that the controller is in midi mode and both decks are loaded prior to launching vdj 2018. I have also ensured that the mapping file is currently selected as "XDJ-RX" default mapping. Side note: I have attempted to edit the mapping to try and hand jam the pfl function to no avail due to the pfl function seeming to be completely inoperable in the default configuration. I have also ensured that my xdj-rx firmware is up to date, along with my version of vdj 2018 (I always stay on top of software/firmware updates). I hope it is something simple and im just being dumb, however i have searched google and forums for many hours trying to figure it out to no avail. any and all help is appreciated.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 4:22 am
Can you describe your actual issue ?
What's not working properly ?
What do you do and how does the program and/or controller responds ?

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 7:41 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Can you describe your actual issue ?
What's not working properly ?
What do you do and how does the program and/or controller responds ?

I cannot hear the next track in my headphones. the buttons to select which channel is in my headphones do not work properly.I can only hear the current main track (what is coming out of the main speakers) in my headphones.

XDJRX firmware= up to date
VDJ 2018 version = up to date
XDJRX mapping= default
vdj 2018 audio output settings= speakers and headphones with XDJ RX selected for sound card
Headphones= new batteries and plugged into headphone jack on XDJRX (known good headphones)

I have also messed around with the mapping of the XDJRX in the event that the default mapping doesn't work. However I reverted to default mapping.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 2:27 am
From your profile I see that you use WASAPI instead of ASIO.
Please download and install the ASIO drivers for XDJ-RX, and then try again...

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 7:39 am
I am experiencing the same issues with my Pioneer XDJ-RX. I currently loaded the new VJ 2018 on to my Macbook and it will not allow me to get any volume out of my outputs to my speakers. However, My backup Macbook that has Ver. b4459 works fine. I am wondering if I should reload the old 4459 back onto my unit. And if it is still available. DJ Sidekick

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 6:36 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
From your profile I see that you use WASAPI instead of ASIO.
Please download and install the ASIO drivers for XDJ-RX, and then try again...

That seems to have worked. Thank you. I didn't think to try that... Ill play with it some more and see if there's other stuff.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 12:57 am
Hi just wondering if the vinyl timecode will work on with XDJ RX player? i already purchased the full version for the DVS and seems its not working . only i can hear is the humming sound . Btw i am using a serato vinyl. i was told this should also work? looking forward to hear from you. thank you

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 3:27 pm
Who told you it should work? The XDJ-RX does not support using DVS.

If you read the manual, there's nothing in there about DVS. If you search online, you can find statements from Pioneer that it does not support DVS.

You can plug in a turntable and play standard vinyl records, but not DVS.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 3:57 pm
Thank you for clarifying.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)