Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can someone help with screen resolution sizes for remote app - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Before I go to far the best results I have found with resolution with the new iPhone XS Max

Width 900 Height 1500
I found this to be the best for physical space the app will allow. There are obviously limitations within the remote app that the area it’s allowed to use which obviously isn’t made for these new devices . If are use the default skin only half of the screen on my iPhone is being used with the settings above 80% of my iPhone screen is being used you due to the limitation of the app ? If anyone can help before I go to far that would be grateful thank you

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 9:49 pm
might be best to make it the true resolution of the screen of that device 2,688 x 1,242

not sure how it would scale for other devices though

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 10:04 pm
Okay thanks buddy I had the XML set wrong which is why things weren’t working I’ve now re-done the skin in the resolution it should be unfortunately there is still a limitation within the software as it still will not use all of my screen .

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 2:21 am
<define class="songpos" colorPlayed="#00a5e4" colorBass="#00567a" colorMed="#00a5e4" colorHigh="#7fc8e9" classdeck="left" >
<size width="1100" height="60"/>
<cues>
<size width="14" height="39"/>
<up x="151" y="1534"/>
<down x="198" y="1534"/>
<clipmask x="62" y="1534"/>
</cues>
</define>

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 2:21 am
How does this get his position as I don’t see a position

DJ FORMAT wrote :
<define class="songpos" colorPlayed="#00a5e4" colorBass="#00567a" colorMed="#00a5e4" colorHigh="#7fc8e9" classdeck="left" >
<size width="1100" height="60"/>
<cues>
<size width="14" height="39"/>
<up x="151" y="1534"/>
<down x="198" y="1534"/>
<clipmask x="62" y="1534"/>
</cues>
</define>

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 5:35 pm
Doesn't look like anyone has created remote screens in quite a while now, certainly not for any recent screen resolution changes.

Surprised none of the team have chimed in to help you here.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 5:37 pm

<group name="songposdeck" x="+0" y="+93">
<songpos class="songpos">
<pos x="+100" y="+0"/>
</songpos>
</group>

The definition of classes is a "new" feature in scripting a skin.
It's a real time-saver, because you don't have to write all the things again and again.
And your coding will get very compact.

More Infos about you can find here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20Define.html

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 5:57 pm
No I am starting to think that support here is not like it used to be .

And the reason why people aren’t making skins for the remote app or virtual DJ in general as it’s not straightforward procedure . They just made a straightforward interface allowing users to modify skins easily this would be so much easier and I’m sure there will be more people developing . I’ve looked at the new skin creator and again very confusing not like the old one that used to be around it was very straightforward . But unfortunately no longer works .

I was one of the top guys back in the day but even I am struggling with this new system it does not make sense in my eyes I am now coding using the old virtual DJ code seems to work

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 6:10 pm
Huh?
Sorry to read this statement, but the define and use of classes isn't so hard to learn imo.
And I'm not a developer or programmer in the"real" world.
And it makes absolut sense to use definitions and classes imo.
just my 2Cent.

You’re probably right easy straightforward to use but I am dyslexic and I’m learning from scratch as everything has changed over 10 years . My specialty is mainly graphics I had a guy that helped with coding Why I focused on graphics which is where my expertise is . So when you have dyslexia things become a lot harder

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 6:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You use a class when some code is repeated several times in the xml, and this is mostly to have a cleaner code, doesnt have much impact in performance.

Every skin element can have class="a_name". Whenever a class="" is called, VDJ will look at the <define>s nodes and will merge the code of the called class with the code of the element.
Simple example..: When a custom color is used several times in textzones , buttons etc..
<define class="mycolor">
<text color="#00b8ff" />
</define>

<button class="mycolor" action="".....>
<text font="arial" size="14" text="MyText"/>
</button>

The text line of the button doesnt have a color, and if the class="" was not called, it would be black. Calling the class , the <text> nodes will be merged.

In most cases, you will find useful using classes if several skin elements have the same up/selected/over/size graphics and what only changes is the position , action and so probably some texts.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 6:56 pm
Why was my last post Deleted ??

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 7:50 pm
music234 wrote :
Huh?
Sorry to read this statement, but the define and use of classes isn't so hard to learn imo.
just my 2Cent.

You’re probably right easy straightforward to use but I am dyslexic and I’m learning from scratch as everything has changed over 10 years . My specialty is mainly graphics I had a guy that helped with coding Why I focused on graphics which is where my expertise is . So when you have dyslexia things become a lot harder

I did not write this, maybe something's wrong with the forums? I think this is a reply by DJ FORMAT right?

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:32 pm
music234 wrote :
music234 wrote :
Huh?
just my 2Cent.

I did not write this, maybe something's wrong with the forums? I think this is a reply by DJ FORMAT right?

Yes that was my response to you but for some reason it was deleted. I’ll have a word with Stefan directly and find out what’s going on .

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:36 pm
np ;o)

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:37 pm
Someone has obviously put the post back but to the wrong user there are people on this site that have the powers to do that .

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:39 pm
I'm not buddy.
Some kind of VDJ spooky ghost.....

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:40 pm
I have my suspicions Who it is . It no spooky ghost that someone actually deleting posts . Strange suddenly it’s now back in the correct name . Anyway buddy thank you for your help and advice.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:51 pm
Anyway thanks for everyone for your help but I think I’ll give this a miss it looks like the remote app is dead anyway as no one make skins anymore .

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 8:53 pm
djdad wrote :
You use a class when some code is repeated several times in the xml, and this is mostly to have a cleaner code, doesnt have much impact in performance.

Every skin element can have class="a_name". Whenever a class="" is called, VDJ will look at the <define>s nodes and will merge the code of the called class with the code of the element.
Simple example..: When a custom color is used several times in textzones , buttons etc..
<define class="mycolor">
<text color="#00b8ff" />
</define>

<button class="mycolor" action="".....>
<text font="arial" size="14" text="MyText"/>
</button>

The text line of the button doesnt have a color, and if the class="" was not called, it would be black. Calling the class , the <text> nodes will be merged.

In most cases, you will find useful using classes if several skin elements have the same up/selected/over/size graphics and what only changes is the position , action and so probably some texts.

Yes that was my response to you but for some reason it was deleted. I’ll have a word with Stefan directly and find out what’s going on .
[/quote]
[/quote]
Okay I think I got my head round how class works at least with text zone. I can see that would be time efficient. How does the panelling system work as before are used to have to make separate graphics for each panel and link it via the XML ?

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 11:02 pm
Would like to create panels at the bottom area of the skin

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 11:14 pm
87%