Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2018 keeps crashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I upgrade to 2018 last week.

At my first gig, using both Karaoke and music, the program crashed approx. every hour or so, closing down VDJ altogether.
No other impact on the laptop at all, re-opened VDJ OK and carried on for about an hour then the same.

Never had any issues at all before with VDJ,

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks,

Ken

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 8:27 am
If you were online at the time, a crash report should have been sent to Atomix
In that case it's often possible for support to tell you exactly what is causing it, if you open a support ticket

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 8:35 am
Hi,

No I wasn't on line at the time, out of wifi range.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 8:39 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had a couple of issues with VDJ 2018 and went back to VDJ 8.2 which is fantastic. It's not a bad idea to let a new version mature.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 3:45 pm
How did you go back to version 8.2?

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 7:58 am

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 8:06 am
Which build number is version 8.2?

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 8:14 am
Build 4291

Posted Tue 25 Sep 18 @ 8:31 am
Told by tech support that the problem is my Video card in my laptop is not high enough spec to run 2018, because of all the new video mixing additions.

I will probably go back to 8.2 now as that was running without any problems.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 10:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If anything vdj 2018 is more efficient than older versions though. It also wouldn't explain the crash

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 10:32 am
That reply from Tech Support sounds untrue.

I run VDJ2018 (latest version) on a GPD pocket with Intel Atom processor outputting FHD video all night and running video skins. That's while it's also permanently connected to an ipad with VNC for remote control.

Sounds like an excuse to me. If anything a low powered system would just cause glitches and delays. It shouldn't be crashing.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 10:44 am
Interesting replies from everyone, thank you

The problem only seems to happen while I use Karaoke, which isn't that often, hopefully music will
be OK, I have run audio on its own at home and it ran for 4 hours without any problems.

I have a gig on Sat so hope it will be OK, I have back up ready just in case!

I will keep trying with 2018, before reverting back to 8.2

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 1:03 pm
Just make sure you are connected to the internet and if it crashes the log will be sent to Atomix automatically.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 1:49 pm
As stated before, always keep a copy of the last install that worked for you. If you have a crash on a new version, it on takes a minute to install the older version. That's a lot better than having a crash every hour, or just thinking about a crash.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 7:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)