Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Script: Turn Off Effect When Deck Output is 0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm making a button mapping for my controller where a button will trigger an automatic fade-up of Reverb and a quiet Echo. Here's the current code:

deck 1 effect_3slots_layout & deck 1 effect_select 1 'reverb' & deck 1 effect_select 2 'echo' & deck 1 effect_slider 1 1 0% & deck 1 effect_slider 2 1 0% & deck 1 effect_active 1 & deck 1 effect_active 2 & repeat_start_instant 'sweep' 300ms 10 & deck 1 effect_slider 1 1 +10% & deck 1 effect_slider 2 1 +1%

Here's where I'm stuck: I'd then like the script to automatically turn off the effects. I'm using this for transitions, basically hitting the button a measure before stopping deck 1 and starting deck 2. As is, I do what I want, the reverb hangs over the cut and everything sounds beautiful, but then I have to remember to turn off Reverb and Echo before I start playing on deck 1 again.

I want to include a repeat_start_instant that checks whether deck 1 has gone silent. If silent, stop the repeat and turn off the effects. Something like:

repeat_start_instant 'volume_check' 100ms & [IS THERE SOUND FROM DECK ONE] ? nothing : repeat_stop 'volume_check' & deck 1 effect_active 1 & deck 1 effect_active 2

What should I fill in there? My first guess, "deck 1 is_audible?" triggers as soon as I stop the track (instead of what I want, for it to trigger after the reverb dies). Should there be some way of making "deck 1 get_level" work with this?

Posted Sun 23 Sep 18 @ 10:45 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
you can try "deck 1 level & param_smaller X%"

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 10:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can't really think of a way with precision, better to use a repeat start as a few seconds delay to switch the fx.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 11:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)