Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Audio Qaulity

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have an original supposedly good qaulity Michael Jackson DVD which I ripped to mp4. The audio quality was between 160-192 kbps even though I did an excellent rip which on other DVD's resulted in very high quality audio. I replaced these tracks with almost identical Wemix downloads and it is clear these downloads were based on that DVD and the audio quality was low. This also may apply to other video pools..I will be checking. Anyway this supports Kradcliffes findings.
...but I'm still glad to have these downloads as opposed to rips which may breach UK copyright laws.
Many other Wemix videos were excellent.

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 4:13 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Reading the titel of this thread I thought the video or audio quality of VDJ was bad.
But you are just saying the video quality of a video pool is bad... well, okay than.

Did you contact wemix and tell them your findings? Maybe they could use your quality ripping tool and improve their service?

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 8:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's easy to create a video edit in VDJ with the video that you have, and another audio track from a better source

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 8:50 am
Pachn it is the source for an "official" DVD that has poor audio quality. All the pools may be the same?

Adion the audio is bordering on unusable..but it can be used. Thanks for reminding me that VDJ can replace audio.

With respect to Kradcliffe the Wemix logo does not cause any problems and the company has some excellent video content.

If your building up a video collection it is wise to focus on one good pool. As you get more videos you will find that pool has limitations. Hence then try all the pools !

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 2:27 pm
In my opinion video pools are the future...and the music industry is keeping the cost of updating to video very low. Every DJ should be a video pool member.

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 2:39 pm
WeMixVJPRO InfinityWeMix FounderMember since 2018
Hi @bigron1,

Thanks for your support and comments.

Unfortunately a lot of the original videos had very poor quality (as already pointed out by quite a few people). Unfortunately, due to the size of our library, it has just not been possible to qc each and every single video prior to launch.

Please let us know what videos you have problems with and we will look at these and replace the audio if it needs replacing (we will also re-credit you for the video already downloaded and add a few extra credits as a goodwill gesture for reporting a faulty video). We now have an automatic reporting tool which can be found in MY ACCOUNT-DOWNLOADS-DOWNLOADED VIDEOS - look for the envelope at the end of the line...

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

Kind regards,

Mark

Posted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 9:31 am
Mark..there are millions of DJ's in our world and they all need to transition to video or become obsolete. Good luck with your business.

Note: The Michael Jackson DVD I mentioned was used as a source in other pools and had usable but poor quality audio. WeMix should not be singled out.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 4:02 pm
All 4 video pools that I use have what I assess to be sub 192kbps mp3 audio videos..that includes VJPRO and Xtendamix. However most of the videos on offer have adequate audio.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 4:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)