Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beatlock intermittently causing VDJ to automatically start "auto-scratching" when play is pressed on opposite deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A slightly different version of the same "automatic scratching" problem that i described in topic:

https://virtualdj.com/forums/224483/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Beatlock_is_now_causing_deck_1_(for_e_g_)_to__scratch__automatically__as_soon_as_i_start_a_song_on_deck_2__How_do_i_stop_this_.html

... where VDJ8 suddenly starts "auto-scratching" on it's own for no reason whatsoever. This has happened again... i've shot a quick video so you can what i mean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg80b0o327sy2yr/VID_20180717_113258%5B1%5D.mp4?dl=0

There definitely seems to be a bug since the latest update, as i NEVER had this happen prior to the last update, but it's intermittent - it's only occurred 3 times in the last 15+ times i started up VDJ... the rest of the time VDJ works as it should...

Thanks.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 18 @ 10:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Does the song have multiple BPM markers? It looks like there are 2 beat markers close together in the second song and that seems to be where it starts doing this?

Posted Sun 22 Jul 18 @ 10:39 am
Yes there are two "1st beat" markers close together on the right deck song, but the "scratching" problem starts mid-way between beats 2 & 3 on the incoming song, and stays stuck there until i release "Beatlock", as you can see in the video...

The moment i release "Beatlock", the song "rewinds" back to the 1st beat of the bar, and then plays normally... It's very strange, and sounds terrible if it was to happen during a live set :|

Posted Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 9:22 am
i'm having that problem also,,,even play a few beats and just stops...now mixing that's not a good thing and while i'm reporting this,,the whole thing has disappeared off the screen..lol..a mess..i know you'll have it all done soon but i'm really needing sooner to be better then later

Posted Tue 24 Jul 18 @ 10:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)