Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgrade from Party Mix with LE and costs to make step to club djing easier.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi I am using VDJ and Party Mix LE and like to upgrade to a more mid level controller like Roland 202 or the new Pioneer RB/DDJ 400 but they all come standard with different software. I do not want to leave VDJ. Which mid level controller can I buy and comes standard with VDJ in the package? (so I do not need to buy VDJ extra) ? Any tips on the controller to choose to make the step to club dj equipment mixing features more easy would be very useful?
Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 9:02 am
The one that comes to mind here is the Reloop Touch. It's supplied with a full Pro version of VDJ, meaning you can also use it with other controllers. The only caveat is that the software will ask you to connect the Touch sometimes, so you can't use it without having the Touch around.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 10:42 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thought the same but it looks about twice the budget of your pick for controllers, but moving from LE to Pro allowing full browsing, all plugins, auxiliary devices, and permits professional use, all that and it's a much more versatile controller.
Sorry I can't think of any other.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 11:28 am
locodog wrote :
twice the budget of your pick for controllers

...but when you factor in the cost of a Pro license, the Touch is good VFM.

Personally I wouldn't say the DJ-202 or DDJ-400 were mid range. IMO they're beginner units, and the Touch is mid range (along with other units around £500). The top ones are the £1000-2000 models.

VDJ doesn't get bundled so much these days, and LE is very restricted anyway. Basically Atomix want you to buy a license. The 'Plus' or 'Controller' licenses are for home use only, so the best route is to go pro.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 18 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)