Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: AutoVXF
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Edit this plugin is retired. The improved updated version is available here
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/229518/addons/ZvideoControl.html?page=1
If you still need this plugin [for... reasons...] contact me with a PM*

Discussion about AutoVXF

AutoVXF is a pad page that requires the Builder 1.1 addon.
(Sorry mac users, I'll start xcode at some point)

The pad page controls the video crossfader (vxf) and the video transition (vt), timed to the masterdeck's BPM, It can be used any deck (1 - 4)
Pads 1 to 3 controls the vxf at 3 speeds, fast, slow & turbo.
Shift pads 1 to 3 turn this action off for the respective pad number.

You can have all 3 pads active at once if you wish!

Pads 5 to 7 control the vt at 3 rates move one transition per beat, move 4 transitions per 4 beats & move 8 transitions per 8 beats
Shift pads 5 to 7 turn this action off for the respective pad number.

You can have all 3 pads active at once if you wish!

Pad 8 is Snap this will delay the action to the next down beat of the masterdeck,
Shift pad 8 is Kill All, this will stop all actions instantly.

Pad 4 is not in use as yet (I'm trying to add some randomness into the vt move number) so any ideas please pipe up.

Param 1 of the pad controls how many times the pad action repeats, zero equals continually or you can pick up to 8 repetitions.

Here's a demo video I did with no preparation, this pad and a few of the native vdj video fx, it's blocky because I'm video recording at the time, and it's frantic as that's the kind of guy I am.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 11:58 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This pad page works on 1/8th beat resolution and uses repeat_start scripts (which are limited to 33ms) therefore at greater than 226BPM the "sync" will fall apart.

But it's just automation,
So if you want all the timings could be changed to much much slower or variable, it's just make a thing move a direction every so many milliseconds.

Feel free to break it, slate it or put forward ideas.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 12:34 pm