Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automix Directives

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Here is a suggestion for Automix. In other software I have used they have a feature called insert directives. These directives are inserted in a playlist just like a song but, instead of playing music, when the playlist gets to the directive it performs whatever directive has been inserted. For example, one directive might be "Stop and Re-cue". The playlist would stop at this point and the next song in the playlist would be cued so that you would only have to push play for the new song to begin playing and the Automix to resume. Other directives might be "Stop", "Pause", or Load another playlist". There could also be a directive that didn't do anything but served as a Placeholder in the Automix playlist.

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 7:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is possible with a little workaround.

Just create a track that is silence. With audacity or any other tool.
Than use the POI editor to set an Action POI with what ever action you'd like to perform.

Now insert that track to into the playlist.
Of course you can create more than one of those tracks for different purposes or just modify the POI.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:24 am
djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey PachN,

That is great information. Thanks very much.

I have owned Virtual DJ for years but just did my first gig with it this past weekend.

Based on your suggestion, I think I will make up a few of these workaround directive files and store them in a virtual folder so they will always be available when I need them.

Thanks again.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 10:41 am
FYI there's a section on the POI Editor in the VDJ manual - which is worthwhile reading for all the other info it contains.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 11:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)