Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sandbox distorted - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Read better what I write ;-)
You can hear the PFL in the Headphone , and when You turn the Blend (Headphone Mix) Slider to the Master , then You can hear the Master Output.
And I have 0,65 Headphonegain because the the PFL and the Master in the Headphone with the same Volume to hlisten !!!!!
When it is 0,5 H-gain , then this both not the same Volume ... OK?
Sorry but I have no Time ever write the same things to write here , and Noboby understand what I mean.
I can set this H-gain in many Settings (0,5 0,4 0,55 0, 65 0,75) or what ever , nothing distort in my Headphones ....
But on ly the Sandbox distorted in every Setting , the Sandbox is wrong progammed .
The Sandbox routing the Master to any PFL Channel , why it have not the same volume how the masterchannel also? Thats also a Bug.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 7:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, I found the difference between sandbox and normal pfl volume in headphones.
With sandbox mode, there was currently no limiter after applying the headphones gain, which could cause distortion in the headphones with sandbox mode on and a loud gain value.
This will be fixed in one of the next updates.

Still, as I said before, the ideal way to get more volume out of your headphones is to increase the actual amplification of the headphones, either through a headphone amplifier or increasing the headphone volume on your controller.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 8:36 pm
Adion wrote :
Ok, I found the difference between sandbox and normal pfl volume in headphones.
With sandbox mode, there was currently no limiter after applying the headphones gain, which could cause distortion in the headphones with sandbox mode on and a loud gain value.
This will be fixed in one of the next updates.

Still, as I said before, the ideal way to get more volume out of your headphones is to increase the actual amplification of the headphones, either through a headphone amplifier or increasing the headphone volume on your controller.

mmmmm.... Ok .. I know that the Limiter not in the PFL Mode .... But in the Master ...
Now I have test this .. When I make Sandbox on I can see the Limiter is working ( I have an Led that shows me when the Limiter work on my Controller mapped and can see this also in my Skin) ... I have test it with the Gain Slider .. And I know the Gain is not working in the Master when Sandbox is on , but in Sandbox I can use it ..
What I have think is : The Sandbox is routed the Masterchannel to the the an PFL . My Example is the Sandbox should an own Gain Option have.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 9:42 pm
Since the last Update Early Access the Problem with Distortion is fixed.
Now I can make My Settings on My NS6 so that the Master and PFL , and also the Sandbox PFL the same Volume have in the Headphone.
Thank You the Programmers.
But a small difference in sound can still be heard in the sandbox. If I compare this with the Masterout.
But well I have no distortions in the bass or deep Frequencen anymore, even if I turn the volume higher. And it all has the same volume in the Vorhörmodus, that's important.
I would have one last wish.
It would be nice if you could also hear the master effects in the PFL.
Thank you.
Greetings Dani

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 5:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)