Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Flickering skin? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So I recently installed the new version of VDJ and out of the blue, the interface starts flickering from the top of the screen. I've done everything your supposed to (reboot, uninstall, reinstall) but it keeps happening. I even updated my video drivers and nothing changes. Any idea what could be causing this?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 6:14 pm

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 8:57 pm
Does it behave like that on every skin?

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 9:17 pm
Yea, just checked. It doesnt seem as intense in the other skins, but it still flickers.

I have a Toshiba P55-B5162, Running Win10 64bit, 8GB of RAM, Intel i7-4720HQ & AMD Radeon R9M200X with the latest 18.5.2 driver. VDJ Version 8.2 b4291

Whats funny, is I can load a song hit play and its fine. but when I load video and activate the second screen, thats what sets it off.

Posted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 10:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have videoforcefullscreen set to 1?
If so, try setting it back to 0

Posted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 2:22 am
Just checked that....nope. Its set to 0.

Posted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 5:55 pm
Just curious, do you get any additional errors on your screen (not enough memory, etc...). Having video issues as well, slightly different, but wondering if there is a link as to how the new version addresses video memory.

Posted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 6:11 pm
Nope... It runs as normal. Players, effects, cues all still run flawlessly just the issue with the flickering. It sucks because the flickering gets so intense, sometimes, that I can't see the waveforms, time, and key info while it's happening.

I was testing it yesterday and a few times I was able to get it to stop temporarily by turning the second screen off & on. But it would still come back eventually.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 12:15 pm
So if you think it’s caused by the version of VDJ did you try going back to a previous build?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 12:20 pm
I'd be willing to try and roll it back, but im not sure how to go about doing that.

Oh and I tried downloading some new skins from the website to see if maybe the skin file was possibly corrupted, but sadly, no. They flickered just like the default skin.

Posted Tue 12 Jun 18 @ 3:52 am
how are you connecting to the second screen

Posted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 5:29 am
HDMI.

Posted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 1:48 pm
have you tried a different wire

Posted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:41 pm
djselect wrote :
im not sure how to go about doing that

Just download VDJ from either the download icon or from your account area on this very site(because VDJ 2018 is still early access so the previous versio n is still the 'main' download.

I'm surprised people don't seem to keep the software they download, after they've installed it. Especially if you're going to install early access builds, keep a copy of the previous installer. It's not rocket science!

Posted Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:51 pm
tonys party time wrote :
have you tried a different wire

Its not the cable, because it still flickers whether connected or not. PLUS, the video output is fine. Just the interface is jacked up.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 6:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
djselect wrote :
im not sure how to go about doing that

Just download VDJ from either the download icon or from your account area on this very site(because VDJ 2018 is still early access so the previous versio n is still the 'main' download.

I'm surprised people don't seem to keep the software they download, after they've installed it. Especially if you're going to install early access builds, keep a copy of the previous installer. It's not rocket science!

Oh, and I actually have the latest build of 8.2, NOT the 2018 beta. I never use betas for live performances, you never know what could happen.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 6:11 pm
You said that you "recently installed the new version", so I naturally assumed you meant VDJ 2018 because that's the new version.

Posted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 6:37 pm
OK, so go back to the last version of 8.2 that did work, and see if that fixed the issue. Previous Versions

Posted Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 9:11 pm
Well, guys, i tried EVERYTHING I could think of to make the issue go away:

Rolled back video drivers, installed previous versions of VDJ, installed the new beta and nothing would change the flickering. So i decided to just restore my windows install and start fresh. That did the trick.

Could of been a problem with an update, or conflict with a driver...who knows. All i know is its all better! LOL!

I was already dreading having to setup Serato DJ to get me through my weekly gigs. LOL!

So i guess the lesson here is: when all else fails, restore! LOL

M.R.

Posted Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 1:18 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Got the exact same problem, only happens after i trigger milkdrop, and goes mad when a tool tip is displayed.
(milkdrops effect string cycles .milk like crazy)

Not my relic machine this time,
HP probook 650, 12GB
Intel HD Graphics 4600
WinPro 10

I'll have a look if theres a driver to update.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 7:30 pm
69%