Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Find all playlist containing a specific song - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've got this creating a folder "search results" and a sub folder "artist-title" in playlists, then it reads the playlists, any it finds containing browsed filepath it copys to the folder.
There's one snag to fix which should be done this evening, probably have something for Kradcliffe to beta today.

Posted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 9:49 am
Cheers buddy!

Posted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 9:52 am
@PachN

That's not convenient. I can also install Bash and do an "grep" on the files, but that's not the same.

Like I said before in Traktor one can right-click on a track and choose "Search in Playlists".

No need to go outside the program and use other tools.

Posted Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 3:23 am
Any progress :-)

Posted Fri 10 Aug 18 @ 2:34 pm
It works well. drop Locodog a PM.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 18 @ 4:22 pm
PachN wrote :
groovindj wrote :
I reckon PachN is probably the guy to talk to about this. He already has some playlist utilities, so could presumably add this function to one of them (if indeed it's not there already).

Wouldn't make any sense to develope such a tool.

As a workaround just use Notepad++ and open all playlists with it.
Now do a search over all open documents and Notepad++ will show you a summary which document is containing the search string.

In Windows 10, just browse to your playlists directory in Windows Explorer, and then search the directory for an artist name. It will return all the playlist with the name, even if the name is not in the title of the playlist.

Posted Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 4:40 pm
Locodog:s plugin works for me.

Windows search also works.

Been asking for this to be integrated in VDJ since dinosaurs roamed the earth.. In all fairness Atomix have added loads of features I've asked for but this, ableton style warping for the beat grids and live BPM are still to go :)

Posted Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)