Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GunnaidHome userMember since 2018
So in a week im going to be a music manager, or DJ if you would call it that. So whats going to happend is that i have to control the musik, so when someone enters, the scene their chosen song comes on right at the time of the drop. And that happends about 20 times or so. I have and idea that i can open a bunch of youtube tabs with the songs and the time of the drops are ready to go. I would like to hear if there is a better way to do this.

Posted Tue 22 May 18 @ 10:59 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
First, if your doing this from any kind of decent sound system, you will probably hear quality issues with youtube.
Second, unless you have paid for youtube red, there is the chance of commercials breaking into your songs.
Third, it is not legal to play youtube tracks in a public venue for profit.

VirtualDJ will cover what you are trying to do and more. Also, if you don't already have the music, the subscription service in VDJ is legal to play, good quality, and commercial free.

If you have any more questions, please provide more information about your event. Things like equipment, location, type of event, etc.

Posted Tue 22 May 18 @ 11:16 am
So is this a theatre production (a musical or something)? You mentioned scenes....

If you need to have a "jingle" or "sting" for each person then I'd suggest using the sampler. You could edit down tracks to just contain the part you need, then have them all on different sample pads.

Again, YouTube is a no-no, that would be illegal.

Posted Tue 22 May 18 @ 4:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)