Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

twagaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can we write multiline VDJscript as Action like this?

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 1:34 pm
twaga wrote :
Can we write multiline VDJscript as Action like this?

Hello, I think this might be a solution:

action deck 1 ? os2l_button 'RED' : action deck 2 ? os2l_button 'GREEN' : nothing

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 1:49 pm
twagaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've just confirmed that this VDJscript below works well.

action_deck 1 ? os2l_button "Red" : os2l_button "Green"

Posted Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 1:52 pm
skyzo76PRO InfinityMember since 2016
hello
I am building custom pad (already done with help of locodog)they are reacting like "ableton" with quantise before next Cue..But my question is about the name of my pad...I want to give the name of the hot_cue (pad1--hotcue 1'name..Pad 2 __hotcue 2 'name') but in the empty text field of Name, no script seems to work...I know that i already talk about this here but I don't find the old threat...

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 4:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
if I understand, you want
Pad 1 name: `cue_name 1`

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 4:32 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
or if you wanna have different alternative (name, number, position) depending on cueDisplay setting :
Pad 1 map Name to : `cue_display 1`

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 5:13 pm
locodog wrote :

exactly

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 6:36 pm
skyzo76 wrote :
locodog wrote :

exactly

ok so..i understand that I don't know what is this character not a " not a '..and when i copy paste your code it works...(but i already tried it with ") OK so it was so simply thanks again locodog

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 6:52 pm
It's a backtick [has a few names, you should see it above your tab key]
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/backquot.htm

in vdj script backticks [`] are used in a few places, mostly when dealing with text, it tells vdj to use what is inside two back ticks as a script, and then parse it as text
for example, you set a variable to 6.
set 'myVar' 6
you could give a pad name something like this
myVar is `get_var 'myVar'`

what would be displayed is
myVar is 6

backticks have uses in more advanced script than just text, but the purpose is the same. parsing script,
set 'myVarSquare' `param_multiply "get_var 'myVar'" "get_var 'myVar'"`
it can be a little confusing when you need to use backticks as some param_ modifiers are expecting a script so they don't need backticks, other param_ modifiers might expect a script or a string so backticks are need to indicated we have passed it a script.

It's just one of those that you learn with practice.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 8:08 pm
MDJ2513Home userMember since 2019
Hello Friends, excellent forum.
Please can you help me to create a script or command to execute the progressive "Filter" effect, or a curve for increase or decrease Filter sound fx, by clicking a single button or key. Thanks in advance.

As it the trail or route made by the potentiometer or filter knob, but by pressing a single key. May be trailing Filter fx from 30% to 80%.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 2:59 pm
repeat_start 'filterTwist' ? repeat_stop 'filterTwist' : repeat_start 'filterTwist' 33ms -1 & filter 0% ? repeat_stop 'filterTwist' : filter +0.5%

something like that is the most basic way, I have virtualFX that can do it a bit more advanced, from a position, to a position, over a beat duration.
if you want that post in the virtualFX thread and I'll tweak the one I have here.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 4:36 pm
MDJ2513Home userMember since 2019
Thank u very much Locodog, this one is very useful. Ok, yes please go ahead, tweak this script like virtualFX thread.

Something to set a range of Filter FX trail, from - to and reverse to -from if possible.
From center 50% to 80% and return 80% to normal 50% automatically by pressing one key. And functional for another sound FX.

Thanx in advanced.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 2:34 am
locodog wrote :
It's a backtick [has a few names, you should see it above your tab key]
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/backquot.htm

in vdj script backticks [`] are used in a few places, mostly when dealing with text, it tells vdj to use what is inside two back ticks as a script, and then parse it as text
for example, you set a variable to 6.
set 'myVar' 6
you could give a pad name something like this
myVar is `get_var 'myVar'`

what would be displayed is
myVar is 6

backticks have uses in more advanced script than just text, but the purpose is the same. parsing script,
set 'myVarSquare' `param_multiply "get_var 'myVar'" "get_var 'myVar'"`
it can be a little confusing when you need to use backticks as some param_ modifiers are expecting a script so they don't need backticks, other param_ modifiers might expect a script or a string so backticks are need to indicated we have passed it a script.

It's just one of those that you learn with practice.

ok I undestand finally ...super clrear thanks again locodog ;)

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 2:32 pm
I have an other question : i made a variable called "scale" for the key..scale 0 is major, scale 1 is minor scale 3 Dorian etc...I asked my custom button display the value of the variable (1.2.3 etc) but is this possible to say "name of var scale 0 = "major"...name of var scale 1 = "minor" and display the name in the custom button ? ;)

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 5:38 pm
sure, example [I won't give you the exact code, because figuring it out is part of the fun :) ]

script action
toggle test

button name
`var test 1 ? get_text "true" : get_text "false"`

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 5:45 pm

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 9:10 pm
locodog wrote :
sure, example [I won't give you the exact code, because figuring it out is part of the fun :) ]

script action
toggle test

button name
`var test 1 ? get_text "true" : get_text "false"`

cool i get it :;) ty (again)

Posted Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 10:22 pm
here is my goal : manage key (different scale) with 16 custom pad (like in jpg) and simultanely can manage key with a slider or pots... I can not just use the action "key" on my slider because of the different scale that i want to use, there is some changement in the "next or previous note"...so I did a script to say when param of slider is between this and that go to Key x(separatly it works well)...the issue is when i want to use slider and pads on the same deck : the slider is master and when i hit my button ,it just make the good key a mili second (like a pitch bend...interesting by the way) and returning to the param of my slider (because of the action "repeat_start_instant 'bars' 30ms " I suppose)..so my question is..is there a method to say "when hit the pad stop repeat "and when i use my slider again the "repeat instant" start again ? i don't if it is clear but by trying to explain i probably advance for a solution ;)))

Posted Sun 13 Dec 20 @ 2:59 pm
the button is easy, just stop the rsi as part of the script.
repeat_stop 'RSIname'
the slider, nearly as easy - query if the rsi is running at the start, if it is do what you were going to do, if it's not start the rsi and do your thing

repeat_start 'RSIname' ? is running, carry on : not running, start the rsi, carry on

Posted Sun 13 Dec 20 @ 3:43 pm
locodog wrote :
the button is easy, just stop the rsi as part of the script.
repeat_stop 'RSIname'
the slider, nearly as easy - query if the rsi is running at the start, if it is do what you were going to do, if it's not start the rsi and do your thing

repeat_start 'RSIname' ? is running, carry on : not running, start the rsi, carry on

ok i get it with this code
"var "$Scale" 0 ? repeat_start_instant 'KeyFader' 30ms & deck 1 param_smaller 1% ? repeat_stop 'KeyFader' & deck 1 key -12 : repeat_start_instant 'KeyFader' 30ms & deck 1 param_bigger 1% & param_smaller 5% ? repeat_stop 'KeyFader' & deck 1 key -11 : ....."
it works well ;) no need to change on the button :) ty

Posted Sun 13 Dec 20 @ 8:22 pm
18%