Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Unable to control 4 decks with the DDJ-SB3
Hello.
I recently purchased the Pioneer DDJ-SB3 control. I'm running it through VirtualDJ 8.2 and have all the recent updates.

I purchased the SB3 so i could use 4 decks. However I'm finding that using the default mapping for the SB3 I still cannot switch to decks 3 and 4.

Strangely, sometimes it works and pressing the deck select button on the controller lets me switch decks, and then for seemingly no reason stops working again.

I understand that the mapping may be in its early stages as it is a new controller. Has anyone else had this issue or something similar? Is it a bug in the system? I've had a go at mapping the deck select buttons myself but still no luck / may be doing it wrong.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jake

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 3:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can't reproduce here.

What is the Build of your VirtualDJ ?
Are you using the factory default mapping ?

The DECK 1/3 and 2/4 buttons are assigned to toggle left/right decks, but their LEDs are hardware driven, so regardless to what those are assigned to, when using these buttons you should get the following behavior.
- The LED will toggle, meaning that if its Off and press the DECK button, its LED should turn on.
- Mixer controls should be automatically assigned to the selected deck, meaning that even if you dont see the deck changing on the skin, the Volume faders should be assigned to Deck 1 or Deck 3 depending on the status of the DECK LED.

If the above is not the case for you, then something is wrong with your unit or its connection/firmware/drivers.

I've seen strange things on MIDI controllers (miss-behaving), so i would try with a different USB cable and/or different USB port

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:01 pm
Also, what skin are you using? Not all skins have four decks. Some are two deck skins.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:27 pm
Thanks,

I'm using Virtual DJ 8.2, b4276. and I'm running it on a mac running OS High Sierra. I'm using the 4 deck skin. I'm using the default factory mapping yes. As I mentioned I have tried mapping it myself, with no luck. What should the Deck 1/2/3/4 key be set to?

The LED's on the Deck 3/4 button do not toggle on or off when pressed. Currently they are off and pressing them does nothing. Similarly pressing them and then adjusting the volume control etc does not effect anything on the skin.

As I also mentioned the other day it worked perfect upon launch of VDJ. and then just stopped working.

I didn't think i'd have to download drivers for a mac? I have also updated the firmware on the controller.

Very frustrating, feel like I'm a setting away from resolving the issue!

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 10:33 pm
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 9:43 pm
RazethHome userMember since 2016
I'm also having this issue. Newly purchased ddj-sb3 and on MacOS 10.13.6 - MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011) - VDJ v8.3 b4720.

Plugged directly in via provided usb cable, and stock settings. I can also sometimes change decks a few times then it completely locks out and doesn't let me change decks as if the button were unmapped. Very frustrating.

I noticed that if I manually select deck 3 as left, then press the deck 3 button on the controller, it changes it back to deck 1, however I still can't get back to deck 3 to control it in any way. Same with deck 2/4.

Any luck?

Posted Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:25 am
I have the same issue with the sb3.... 3 and 4 dont work and I use the 4 deck skin as well...

Posted Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 5:00 am
In the past, i tried to reproduce but couldnt, so hard to fix anything there. Will give another try and let u know.
It appears to be a Mac only issue.

Posted Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 3:22 pm
Brought ddj sb3 controller yesterday to play with virtual dj 8, thinking that il play with four deck with 2 channels but some how after the installation it worked well but; no sooner after few songs were played 3&4 deck gave up not functioning at all, tried everything to reboot the pc as well the controller but no good luck, pls help will be appreciated
Moderator Typing in all capitals is a great way to get ignored.

Posted Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 11:57 pm
Same here, decks 3 and 4 does not work on my DDJ-SB3, it works for about 2 times after a power cycle of my laptop and controller, but then..only decks 1 and 2 are fully functional, please fix...thank you in advance

Posted Thu 21 Nov 19 @ 2:30 am
I have the EXACT same issue right now

Posted Thu 26 Mar 20 @ 3:55 pm
Hello i use the lastest version on IOS virtual dj and using a pioneer. i can not control decks 3 & 4 on my controller. i researched a lot and i just not understand how to fix this problem even after others have solved the issue i still can not figure it out. i need someone to explain it to me over the phone. if you know how could you please give a call at 3176226001 that would be greatly appreciated. text first thank you

Posted Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 4:10 pm
I also have the same problem even changing a 4 deck skin.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:54 pm
Use 4deck view in the default skin (pro/performance) and choose what deck to control on the deck button on the controller... thats it ;-)

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:57 pm
Its a known firmware issue. The 4 decks control is available only if the sb3 sound card is used in Audio Setup

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 9:48 pm
cbrown.5ControlleristMember since 2017
Switching to pro activates the 4 decks options

Posted Thu 02 Jun 22 @ 6:59 pm