Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Migrating videos from mpg to mp4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gtquinoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello to all!

Since a few months I've been working with mp4 videos from different sources. I want to convert all my mpg, avi, mkv videos to that format, but the only thing that has kept me from doing so, is the VDJ DataBase.
Is there anyway possible to manually modify the VDJ Database so I can, for example, rename the file name of the video from mpg to mp4 (in the DataBase), so I won't lose all the info related to that file? (Cue Points, POI's, BPM, etc.)
Or this isn't possible?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Cheers!
Joaquin.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 5:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
In theory it is possible to manually modify each db entry but that is a lot of work.
It is not only the filename that has to be changed, there are other entries like file size, file date etc... that also need to be changed.

So it's not very practical to do that.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 9:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Changing only the filename is not too difficult, you could just replace .avi to .mp4 in the database.xml
This would keep your cue points etc... complete.
Playlists, virtual folders and history would need to be fixed manually using 'relocate', unless you also use a text editor that can do a replace in multiple files.

File Size and Bitrate would be incorrect, but that may not be a major problem if you don't rely on those fields in the browser.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 9:20 am
gtquinoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks!! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes!

Cheers!

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 7:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)