Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What did I do? Me, VDJ 8.2 or Denon 4000? Please help.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just got back from an awesome 5 hour wedding.

I run VDJ 8.2 on dell XP’s that has never been online and only used for DJing through the denon 4000 controller. VDJ and the computer and the controller have been bullet proof.

Tonight I put a slow song on deck two and as it played I heard weird random sounds and noises every few seconds. The noises sounds like random instruments from the sampler? Could I have typed something that actives something?

Put a different song on deck one. No issues. Back to deck two no issues. A few hours later put another slow song on deck two and again heard weird random sounds.

The files are either from amazon or promo only. I don’t have any virus.

Any ideas as to how I can check this? Where and what to look for?

Is my controller bad? Is VDJ corrupted or something weird like that?

It happened twice in 5 hours and this is the first time it ever happened.

I was using the beats in the sampler.

Should I goto the sampler folder n delete everything but the beats?

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 4:18 am
Now you're back home, what happens if you play either of those songs again? Any sounds? Do those songs have any POI etc on their timeline?

Which driver are you using for your Denon in the audio config - ASIO or WASAPI? What's the latency set to?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:47 am
So I hooked up my laptop i7 core today that I have been using for years to my MC4000. Both songs that made weird noises last night played perfectly in deck 2???? No crazy out of sync noises at all.

My drivers are the MC4000 WASAPI

I took a video of my CPU output from VDJ The system value moves from .5% to 13.3 %, Audio: from .3% to 2.9%, Peak audio from 0 to 5.6% and skin 32.0 fps

I never ever saw a CPU spike. It appears as though my computer is not working hard at all?

I also ran dpc latency checker and mu current latency while vdj is playing is moving from 60 to 145 us ( reverse u) well below the 500 green and the 1000 yellow. Nothing ever hits the red.

I have been playing music in auto play for hours now. No issues.

Any thought? Any advice? Any other items to check with VDJ, my computer or the MC4000?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 3:58 pm
The songs did not have any cue points. Latency 512 and ultra checked yes.

Again this has never happened and I did not update, download or do anything to my set up. Thanks. CM

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 4:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
- Replace the USB cable with a new one. That's the first thing i would try.
- Make sure the MC4000 is NOT the default playback device for Windows.

BTW, Latency Checker is not telling the whole truth in Windows 10, or rather, it doesnt do its job. Use LatencyMon instead

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)