Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ID3 tags since last update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

today I noticed the following problem with VirtualDJ:

While streaming to a web radio station, the ID3 tags of the songs being played are mixed up. Previously, VirtualDJ broadcasted the tags provided in either the files themselves, or the tags set within VirtualDJ.

It appears that this is due to the recent update.

After reinstalling an old build (3994), the problem did no longer occur.

I hope that this issue can be fixed soon, so I can benefit from the updated version.

Sincerely,

Florian

Posted Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 9:27 pm
what exactly is the problem because mine seem to be working fine?

saying they stream wrong or mixed up means nothing tbh...... more details please.

what parts are wrong?

Posted Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 10:12 pm
for example:

Song with the follow id3 tags:

Katy Parry - Roawr (ft. Emily Blunt)

becomes:

Katy Parry ft. Emily Blunt - Roawr

or

Jyc Row - Celestial Berserkers w/ Francis Vace (ft. IbeConCept)

becomes:

Jyc Row feat. IbeConCept - Celestial Berserkers w/ Francis Vace

or:

Your Enigma - On Hold (Wasteland Wailers Cover ft. Brittany Church)

becomes:

Your Enigma - On Hold

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:10 am
Try changing the setting "cleanTagsInDeckDisplay" to no.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:20 am
No effect.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 8:29 pm
What skin are you using?

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 9:13 am
What do you have in broadcastSongInfoFormat

I use just %artist - %title

I have not noticed any of the reformatting you describe with this combination.

then again most of my tracks have the featuring bit in the artist field to begin with.

maybe we can get some input from one of the Devs on this.

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 9:37 am
wickedmix wrote :
What do you have in broadcastSongInfoFormat

I use just %artist - %title

I use the same format...

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 7:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post here a screenshot of Tag Editor for this song ... Your Enigma - On Hold (Wasteland Wailers Cover ft. Brittany Church) ?

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 7:57 pm
Young Spitfire wrote :
for example:

Song with the follow id3 tags:

Katy Parry - Roawr (ft. Emily Blunt)

becomes:

Katy Parry ft. Emily Blunt - Roawr

or

Jyc Row - Celestial Berserkers w/ Francis Vace (ft. IbeConCept)

becomes:

Jyc Row feat. IbeConCept - Celestial Berserkers w/ Francis Vace

or:

Your Enigma - On Hold (Wasteland Wailers Cover ft. Brittany Church)

becomes:

Your Enigma - On Hold

I've got exactly the same problem for tracks that have the remix name in the ID3 Title tag and I opened a ticket for it.
Although I had some response ("The reason for this is that the decks now show the Remix tag field in the info display. If you wish to also broadcast that field then you would need to enable it in your broadcast settings.") no working solution so far.

When using %titleremix (as advised) instead of %title the remix name is shown twice at the radio website.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 6:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It depends on whether the Remix field of VDJ database is updated (e.g. parsed from filename) or not
For Broadcast message you can use in BroadcastSongInfoformat setting ...
%artist - %title
%artist - %title (%remix)
%artist - %titleremix
whatever suits your library best.

Remember, VDJ can fill its database fields by either reading Tags or parsing filenames, and this depends on the getTitlefromTags and getRemixwhenParsingFilenames settings.

Also the Broadcast message format is using the cleanTagsInDeckDisplay setting. If you get the Remix field twice when using %titleremix, make sure its enabled.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 1:04 pm
djdad wrote :
It depends on whether the Remix field of VDJ database is updated (e.g. parsed from filename) or not
For Broadcast message you can use in BroadcastSongInfoformat setting ...
%artist - %title
%artist - %title (%remix)
%artist - %titleremix
whatever suits your library best.

Remember, VDJ can fill its database fields by either reading Tags or parsing filenames, and this depends on the getTitlefromTags and getRemixwhenParsingFilenames settings.

Also the Broadcast message format is using the cleanTagsInDeckDisplay setting. If you get the Remix field twice when using %titleremix, make sure its enabled.

I tested today with 3 different songs, each with 4 different kind of settings, and unfortunately there is no 'perfect' solution, like djdad says above.
I added a complete spreadsheet to the re-opened ticket and I hope there will be a simple solution for everybody soon, so that the tags are shown on the website as before.

As tested in my case:

Quote :

I tried 3 songs, in all cases 'getRemixWhenParsingFilenames' set to 'Disabled' & 'CleanTagsInDeckDisplay' set to 'Enabled'.
Each song was tested 4 times with different broadcastSongInfoFormat settings combined with the same or different Remix tags as in the Title tag.
See the details in the spreadsheet.

Results:
- When the Remix tag is different from the Remix name in the Title tag, when using the '%artist - %title' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings, the correct Title & Remix name are shown on the website
- When the Remix tag is the same as the Remix name in the Title tag, when using the '%artist - %titleremix' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings, the correct Title & Remix name are shown on the website
- When the Remix tag is the same as the Remix name in the Title tag, when using the '%artist - %title' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings, the Remix name is completely missing on the website
- When the Remix tag is different from the Remix name in the Title tag, when using the '%artist - %titleremix' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings, the Remix name is shown double (both Remix name & Remix tag are shown)

Conclusion:
- Two options will work OK, depending on the value of the Remix tag in combination with the settings
- One option will only show the Title tag (without the Remix name)
- One option will show the Title tag + the Remix name in the Title Tag + the Remix tag

In this case there is no 100% perfect/reliable option for the broadcastSongInfoFormat settings while you can't be 100% sure that the Remix tag is always the same as the Remix name when using the '%artist - %titleremix' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings and neither can you be sure that the Remix tag is always different from the Remix name when using the '%artist - %title' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings.

Based on the tested settings in most cases the option '%artist - %titleremix' broadcastSongInfoFormat settings should be the most save, I think.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 5:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are certain that all your tags are as you want them, simply set cleanTagsInDeckDisplay to no. Then it will just show the fields as they are in the tag.

I would fix the tags though. If there's a remix in the title and a remix in the remix field and both are different, I would say that only one of them is correct and the other should be removed?

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 6:00 pm
Adion wrote :
If you are certain that all your tags are as you want them, simply set cleanTagsInDeckDisplay to no. Then it will just show the fields as they are in the tag.

Isn't that option only for the info at the deck display?

Quote :

I would fix the tags though. If there's a remix in the title and a remix in the remix field and both are different, I would say that only one of them is correct and the other should be removed?

True, but in the heat of the moment you don't always check all tags... ;)

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 7:53 pm
MadMaster66 wrote :

virtual DJ doesn't do some automatic mojo and find tags for you ... you will need to tag tracks before you play them manually of find some other product that does it automatically.

nobody expects you to tag music at a live event you do that before hand. I mean don't you?

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 9:09 pm
wickedmix wrote :
MadMaster66 wrote :

virtual DJ doesn't do some automatic mojo and find tags for you ... you will need to tag tracks before you play them manually of find some other product that does it automatically.

nobody expects you to tag music at a live event you do that before hand. I mean don't you?

I know and most of my tracks are correctly tagged.
But I simply don't have the time to check them all before using the songs.

I use VDJ mostly for radioshows (broadcasting), from simple playing one song after another based on a theme or some actual event of the day 'till live mixsets and mostly I don't create a setlist before a show. I play tracks that I pick at the moment when the show is already gong on...

At a non-broadcastng event I don't care that much about tags format, as I'm the only one that see/use them.

Untill the update in april everything went fine with the broadcast settings I had.
Since that update things about tags and the presentation online seems to been changed and the tags showed up at the radio website in a different format.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 5:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)