Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Saving Beat Grids

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey folks. I am using VDJ and Soundswitch together. What a great product SS is if you haven't checked it out. At any rate, SS depends heavily on the VDJ beat grid being accurate. So I started opening the BPM Editor for some songs and trying to use those songs with SS. But SS wasn't picking up on the fact that I had moved the first beat marker to a new position. In a last ditch effort, working with the SS folks, I restarted my laptop and then SS started seeing my changes.

So the question is: when does VDJ write the beat grid changes into the database.xml file, which is what SS is reading. Do you have to restart VDJ for the changes to get written into the database??

Posted Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 12:19 am
Just messing with karaoke list. For that list anyway, VDJ appears to save the changes such as add, remove, change order, immediately. Don't know about other changes so maybe someone else can speak to that. Some changes such as options etc. don't get saved right away unless they changed that behavior. SS appears to read the files only on startup. Can't speak to the beat grid and other things but was true for karaoke list and probably true for some other things as well. Best way for you is to try and see. Just keep VDJ up and make whatever changes. Look to see if changes are reflected in SS. If not, restart SS and changes should show if changes were saved by VDJ without shutting VDJ down.

I tried to select autoscript in SS to see if that would help but SS crashed when I did that. Not sure what autoscript is supposed to do and did not bother to look it up. I just have the download and no associated hardware etc.

Posted Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 7:29 pm
Yes, the database gets saved when VirtualDj shuts down.
I don't know the internals of SS, but it's super easy for a plug-in to read the CBG "live" instead of relying on the database data for that file...

Posted Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 8:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)