Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ FILTER

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can we adjust the resonance of the standard filter, like the FX bank filter, other than subtle and strong in the settings? I'd like it inbetween. If not, how about in a future update.

Sometimes a slight turn from the center gives a strange effect, not quite as expected. I can't explain it yet but the lad i DJ with noticed it too, when it happened to him, after I'd spent ages failing to explain it. I'm using a Denon MC7000. Any insight appreciated.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 8:15 pm
You can add a factor to it to lessen it's impact. Like in this script:
param_multiply 0.22 & param_add 0.4 & filter
You can of course change the values

You can also completely replace it like explained in this video:

Posted Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 6:25 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This is a guess but have you tried typing in a numerical into the setting?, further guess it should be between 0 and 1.0

Posted Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 11:00 am
Thank you. I'll give those a try.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:04 pm
locodog wrote :
This is a guess but have you tried typing in a numerical into the setting?, further guess it should be between 0 and 1.0

Yes, this works.

Setting the filter knob at 9 o'clock and going through 0.1, 0.2, 0.3... in the settings and a difference can be heard. I've gone for 0.8, possibly drop it to 0.7.

klausmogensen wrote :
You can of course

In your video you show the on/off parameter as % variable near to 12, how the VDJ default skin handles the filter knob on/off, could this be similar to the strange behaviour i sometimes experience mentioned in my OP. As using a controller with an indent at 12, could I go into the default skin and set this to an exact?

I really appreciate your comments, many thanks.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)