Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Play button does not work on right deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just plugged in a Kontrol S2 that I borrowed, was previously using Pioneer Wego with Virtual DJ 8.

Jog wheel works fine as I can hear audio, but regardless of whether I press play on my hardware or within the software I cannot get it to start playing.

Left deck works as expected

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 7:45 pm
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I would maybe try the unit in a different USB port, reboot the pc/mac and restart VDJ and check you are actually using the correct mappings for this unit in settings and that VDJ is not using your Wego settings.

If still no help....

Can you swap decks (ABCD) and see if the play button works for any other decks?

You could also maybe try mapping the button to a different function just to test if it works at anything else?

If the button doesn't work for anything above, maybe the unit is faulty?

Since you borrowed this unit, do you know if the actual unit worked for the owner? Did you see it work for them?
Would be a bummer if you hand it back broken and get blamed. :(

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 8:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a chance the right jog is behaving like its been held down, as if you touch it, so the track cant start playing.
To verify, assign a custom button as .. deck right touchwheel_touch and see if its turned on. If it is, press the same button to turn it off. Track should be able to play now.
If that is the case, you may have a bad jogwheel (the touch note off doesnt come properly) or a grounding issue, or even some error in your custom mapping (in case you use one instead of the default)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)