Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SB2 Play Button Stops working mid set!! Please help!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Everyone

I recently purchased a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and it works great for the first 5-10 mins then when I load a track (can be MP3 or MP4) to the right deck although the track appears to load and the play button flashes as it should when I press play nothing happens!! The music on the other deck still plays fine but I cant do anything with the right deck!! Even if I try clicking the play button with my mouse nothing happens meaning I have to close virtual DJ and restart it!!

I have a newly built PC (with no wifi or internet connectivity) running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) with plenty of RAM. The build is VirtualDJ 8.2 - b3994

I have swapped the USB cable and port but the problem persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 6:29 pm
Does the same thing happen when using Serato? You should give it a try if you haven't done so already, because it will determine whether the issue is with VDJ or with the SB2.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 7:29 pm
Hey there - so I've just tried it with Serato and guess what.... same issue!!

After some digging on the interwebs it appears that lots of people are having the same issue with the DDJ-SB2

So it's back to the shop for this unit!!

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 4:28 pm
I used my DDJ-SB2 from Feb 2017, until Nov 2017, and had nothing but success. I upgraded to the DDJ-SR2, and the SB2 will be a backup (which means collecting dust at home). I would return the unit as defective.

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 7:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)