Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Beat FX are DJM style on this unit.

They got rid of the DDJ upper FX knobs and buttons on purpose...

Same thing they did on the XP-1... only pad and touch-strip FX.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 11:51 pm
visionz5 wrote :

Amazing piece of equipment. It'll probably be crazy expensive (my guess is upwards of $2,500 US). It appears that Pioneer is breaking away from Serato also and all their new stuff is strictly Rekordbox. Hopefully it'll be opened up though so it can be mapped with VDJ or other software.

this is my friends the upgrade of the ddj sx 2, the DDJ SX 3
some good improvments , on same price range, maybe the same enclousure

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 2:42 am
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
kradcliffe wrote :
Having had the MCX8000 since June I have hardly used standalone mode because it's just so bad. Even getting tracks on to the USB with Engine 1.5 is a major hassle.

Why would one use the crappy DJ-software of a standalone-mode on his controller, while there is VDJ?

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 2:26 am
It would be handy for small gigs like kids parties to save having to take a laptop along

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:01 am
I'm curious, it ships with new Rekordbox 5.1 and they have included a Automix option. Is that similar to the VDJ solution?

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 2:29 pm
Similar in that it's called Automix, yes - but it's still not very good at actually mixing IMO.

I tried it during the 5.1 beta and it failed miserably, even though I made things easy for it by choosing similar tempos and the same key.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 3:46 pm
im going to just buy one and hope someone makes a map later on

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:15 pm
You can always do some mapping yourself. Obviously the audio interface will work just fine with VDJ regardless, but there is a PDF list of MIDI commands for the DDJ-1000 downloadable here which will get you started.

If you want things like LEDs to work (etc) then you'd need to create a definition file too.

See the relevant wiki page for details.

PS you will need a full Pro Infinity license to do this, because there won't be a Plus license for the DDJ-1000 until it's supported.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:32 pm
arkadarka wrote :

keep in mind you controller license will not cover this controller

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:45 pm
wickedmix wrote :
arkadarka wrote :

keep in mind you controller license will not cover this controller

yeah ill just get another licence not really a problem.

it should be a while before i outgrow this controller

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:58 pm
In that case you'll have to wait until the DDJ-1000 is natively supported by VDJ, which could be many months away.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 5:28 pm
This is great device but will take a while to write the code. As it has bran new display in the centre of the screen, Been using it tonight. 2xUSB A + B Hardware effects like DJM mixers. Really effect pad effects.Full Size CDJ JOG Wheel.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 11:12 pm
uksam13 wrote :
This is great device but will take a while to write the code. As it has bran new display in the centre of the screen, Been using it tonight. 2xUSB A + B Hardware effects like DJM mixers. Really effect pad effects.Full Size CDJ JOG Wheel.

PICTURES?

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 12:11 am
Hi

I bought it yesterday.
It´s very nice and i hope, some could create a mapping.
The Display isn´t very important for me.
So if anybody should create a mapping, please inform me as ssoon as possible.

The big joghweels are so perfect.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:42 am
paulinio81 wrote :

The Display isn´t very important for me.

That may be a help

Since the screens are normally the most locked/proprietary part of a newer Pioneer controller, Atomix have previously pre-released VDJ mappings without full screen support. Examples are the "Unofficial Mapper for Pioneer XDJ-RX2" and the "Unofficial Mapper for Pioneer DDJ-RZX", both without full screen support, and both available in the add-on download section

But they still need to get the Jog wheels/HID working 100% so it works just as well with VDJ as with Rekordbox. I'm pretty sure they won't release a pure MIDI mapping, since that will not work really well for regular controlling using the jog wheels

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:18 am
since my last post ive been using rekordbox in case im forced to for a while as ill definitely be getting this controller

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:56 am
arkadarka wrote :
since my last post ive been using rekordbox in case im forced to for a while as ill definitely be getting this controller

Ok...
Why not a SX2, a RX, a SZ2 or a RZ?
They are not that different (except no screens in the middle of the jogs), and are all fully supported in VDJ...
That also means, that they all have multible options for the software you can use with them

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:08 am
klausmogensen wrote :
arkadarka wrote :

Ok...
They are not that different (except no screens in the middle of the jogs), and are all fully supported in VDJ...
That also means, that they all have multible options for the software you can use with them

it just seem to have everything i need at a price point i can afford

the full size jogs with screens and stand alone mixer sells it for me

ive actually quite enjoyed using rekord box although having to make playlists is a bit of a chore

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:21 am
arkadarka wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
arkadarka wrote :

Ok...

ive actually quite enjoyed using rekord box although having to make playlists is a bit of a chore

Yes, it has become the second best DJ software IMO :-)
But of course not anywhere near VDJ when it comes to customization, and IMO too closely locked to Pioneer

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:24 am
klausmogensen wrote :
arkadarka wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
arkadarka wrote :

Ok...

Yes, it has become the second best DJ software IMO :-)
But of course not anywhere near VDJ when it comes to customization, and IMO too closely locked to Pioneer

yeah i do prefer vdj. they really should let you use vst on RB

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:44 am
14%